Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
A couple weeks after buying my almost-new-to-me 2008 CRV somebody left a ding in a door panel.
Unfortunately, I can't escape the fact of having to leave it in a parking lot at some time.
So instead of wanting to purchase a nice accessory, I'm looking at having to buy the body side molding
(AKA R.B.B.B.) to prevent further damage.
If you've installed them yourself, is it a tough job for someone with little body experience?
Can you recommend a good supplier? Thanks,
Joe

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Buy them online and you can get the OEM body door panel molding's. They match the color to your vehicle and they are relatively easy to install. As long as you follow the directions, which is to clean with the alcohol swab, you can use the same swabs from a medic kit, to clean the area where you stick the moldings to the door and it comes with a precut pattern/jig that you use as a template. You can go online and check how they are supposed to look and just copy that. It is not hard to do, but I would take your time and just have a second set of eyes to give you some sense of security if you don't feel too handy or technical enough to undertake this mod. I have pics of my car and I did it myself, took maybe 20-50 mins. to do total and I was being real anal about the whole thing, cleaning up properly, aligning the template with painters tape, re-checking my position compared to online pics, but it was worth it because it came out perfect and I try to always do the best jobs for myself. Good luck and happy motoring, ciao.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey,
That's great to hear. I'm also retentive when it comes to doing any work that has high visibility.
Thanks for the advise,
Joe

1 - 3 of 3 Posts