Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car has been great. It's got 270,000 miles and I just replaced the timing belt. I'm aiming to get at least 400K from this car.
Now it's making a rumble sound when the ac fan is running. The dealer says I need a fan motor on the fan in the front of the motor. $336 + labor + a 10% of labor fee for the materials they use to do the job. I'm wondering if I can do this myself? I tried looking at PartsGeek for a part but can't tell which it is. None were anywhere near $336.
Also, when the ac fan is off, I hear a rumble right in front in the driver side. It's intermittent. Of course it didn't happen while I was at the dealer. Any ideas what could cause such a noise? The car was not moving when I heard it.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1998 CR-V EX 4spd auto "Big Green" completely stock with roof rack and front mud flaps
1,206 Posts
I would do it myself without thinking twice about it, but I don't know your mechanical still level.

Buy a Hanes manual, read through the process in there. If it seems easy enough that you can do it, go for it. If you read through the manual, and you don't want to touch it, then you'll know.

Switching out radiator fans is one of the easier thing to do in one of these cars. Just make sure you read up on the process before you pull your wrenches out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts