Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed fuses switch bulbs and took to a mechanic that is a friend and he had one of his guys check it with a test meter that hooks up to battery and set up to tell ground good and a small digital screen he said i got a short so no rear running lights or front on license plate light unsure of where to start on location of wiring as far as does it run through the top of car or on the floorboard any suggestions on where to start looking for problem and wiring let me know

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I would check the trailer lighting connector. I understand you have a 1998 CRV.
Do you have 12v to the fuse with the key on and the lights on?

Remove one of the bulbs not working and turn the lights on and see if you get 12v to it.
If you have a short, the fuse would blow. It sounds like an open circuit (broken wire or a loose wire connection or connector) somewhere.

Whoops!!
Was the fuse blown and did the new fuse blow?

Does your CRV have daytime running lights?
Do your turn signal lights work? (I think they use the same ground as the running lights).
I would think that there is a broken wire or bad connector between the fuse and the first light it goes to. Most likely in the front end of the vehicle, and not in the back.
I suppose you could probably remove one of the affected bulbs, connect a nine volt battery to the socket. The neg to the ground side of the socket (or to a vehicle body ground) and the other to the hot (+) (center tab)terminal of the socket. Do this with the ignition turned OFF.
If all the other bulbs light up, then the problem is most likely between the fuse and that socket. Just guessing since I don't have the layout of the cables.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2014 CR-V and the running lights always came on as soon as I use the remote access fob. They operated fine until last night - they came on as I approached and unlocked the car as usual, but at the end of my journey the beep sounded as if my lights were on manual, they were not and then when checking, after locking the vehicle the main lights did not stay on their usual few seconds and then when unlocking again, the daylight running lights did not come on...repeated trials and changing settings of leaver and they still don't come on when unlocking the car. They did til last night - what have I done wrong?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts