Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brakes are a safety device: At the 120K scheduled maintenance (yesterday), the Independent Honda-Toyota Technician could not bleed the rear brake cylinders because they are "rusty". Otherwise, the CR-V that I have owned for eight years has been renewed again with Honda recommended-scheduled-maintenance (as it has been since new). So, before I step on the brakes (in an emergency stop?), I figured that I should investigate what it takes to repair - replace? - the rear brake hydraulic lines and cylinders - the disks and brake shoes are fine. Who among you have experienced this situation? What did you find was the sensible things to do? Please name sources and costs. pikwjp20131016

·
Registered
5 Posts
Please read this: http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/rustybrakes/brakes1.html
while keeping in mind that he missed the fact that the brake pads must also be free to move vertically in the caliper/saddle. If they are not free to move vertically, they will stick either against the rotor or away from it.
For me, the solution was to both do what Tegger says and to also file off some of the ears on the pads. It was not the cylinders/pistons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts