Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of putting 13 lb 16 x 6.5 S2000 rims on my 2014 CR-V to increase performance/mpg. Has anyone done something similar? If so, have you had good results?

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,069 Posts
I would be very concerned that wheels from a light S2000 might not be capable of handling the weight of a CRV.

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L
165 Posts
The alloy rims that come on a 14 are 17 by 6.5. To get the right wheel diameter for that size you need a tire that's 225 by 65. For the rims you're talkin about I think the tire would have to be a 70 aspect ratio? That's a big tire. Do you have steel rims now?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The alloy rims that come on a 14 are 17 by 6.5. To get the right wheel diameter for that size you need a tire that's 225 by 65. For the rims you're talkin about I think the tire would have to be a 70 aspect ratio? That's a big tire. Do you have steel rims now?
I have 16 x 6.5 steel rims and 215/70R16 tires. The S2000 rims I want are the same dimensions. I want to use the same tires I have now since they're perfectly fine.

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L
165 Posts
I have 16 x 6.5 steel rims and 215/70R16 tires. The S2000 rims I want are the same dimensions. I want to use the same tires I have now since they're perfectly fine.
Honestly, I don't think you'd gain much in performance or MPG. The weight difference would be negligible for such a heavy car. And with the same tires and rim width, I think handling would be identical.

On the plus side, it would look better!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts