Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've never done anything by myself related to my honda. But right now I have to save a little money so I'm trying to spend as little as possible.

I've been reading about all the things you should test before assuming you have a bad fuel pump but the thing is that a mechanic just brought a mallet and started hitting the gas tank and asked me to crank the car and it worked!

So by my logic, it can't be any relays or fuse because it did start that way. Could it be pressure related? I don't think so because after he did that I turned my CRV on and off several times. Took it for a drive to Walmart and it worked fine when I left the store as well.
Next day in the morning it was "clogged" again.

So should I change my FP or test for pressure and power anyway? And has anyone used Autozone fuel pumps?

Thanks a lot guys.

I have a 2003 4WD AT truck.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
I would at least check the electrical connector at the fuel pump. Disconnect it and reconnect it.
What does your mechanic think (the one who hit the tank). He must have had experience with that problem before.

Hopefully someone will have a better answer
Buffalo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Buffalo for your response.
So today I took my fuel pump assembly out and it seems impossible to take the pump out of the assembly so I think I'll have to buy the hole assembly.
I connected the pump directly to the battery and nothing... So I guess it's dead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts