Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I traded in my 2015 CRV Touring with 13,700 miles last night. I had been trying to sell it on my own for the last month but I don't think most people have that kind of cash laying around. I traded it in for a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport double cab with long bed. I had been looking for a used Tacoma but it seems like everyone keeps their Tacomas for a long time and when they do sell them they have 150,000+ miles and people still want $15k for it. So combined with the difficulty of private selling the CRV and the lack of good condition used Tacomas I bought a new one. So I say goodbye to my CRV (still have the Honda Accord) and maybe I will have one again in the future. I'll continue to check in on the board every now and then.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Congrats on the pick up of the pickup.

My work truck is a 93 T100 2wd long bed. Love it.

Anyways, since my V was totalled last year and I cant find a replacement for it, Ive also been looking at Tacoma's. Things are more valuable than gold it seems.

Ive looked at the redesigned Tacoma and talked with several Toyota service writters at different Toyota dealers. Only complaint some people are having with the new one is Tanny vibration complaints.

The previous body they all say are the ones to have but then you can damn near buy a new one for the price of a 2yr old used one.

·
Administrator
3,296 Posts
That's quite a change in wheels!
But those Taco are one of those vehicles best bought new for the very reasons you share.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks! I love the new Tacoma and Tacomas in general hold their value very well. So well that its hard to find a used one for a reasonable price. I originally wanted to get a truck when I was looking at the CRV and when I look back on it I regret not doing that. As a homeowner, having a truck works much better for me and it fits my personality much better than the CRV.

Honda4life, I do feel that vibration in the gas pedal but it doesn't bother me. This truck is so much fun to drive and the power in the V6 makes it quick. Additionally, its one good looking truck. I also like that Toyota covers your first two years and 25,000 miles of maintenance (not that oil changes and tire rotations are major maintenance items but Honda doesn't offer that). Toyota also gave me a $1,000 military rebate vs the $500 Honda gave me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts