Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new 2014 CRV and have paired my Samsung Galaxy S3 with the BlueTooth HFL. (my phone is listed as a compatible phone on the HFL site).

1 - The system does not show text messages.
2 - The system keeps saying "your phone is connected" about every 30 seconds while driving. I'm not going in and out of service areas.

Any suggestions on how to solve these 2 issues? I was wondering if a particular android app would solve the problem with the text messaging.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually I figured it out.
I needed to allow access to my phone book on my phone (which is why the system kept reconnecting).
The text issue was also a setting in my phone that needed to be agreed to.
So the HFL Bluetooth is now showing when I receive a text, and will read it if I choose that option.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 2014 CR-V and a Samsung Galaxy S3. Do you mind if I ask what setting in your phone needed to be changed to resolve the texting issue?

Thanks!
Actually I figured it out.
I needed to allow access to my phone book on my phone (which is why the system kept reconnecting).
The text issue was also a setting in my phone that needed to be agreed to.
So the HFL Bluetooth is now showing when I receive a text, and will read it if I choose that option.

·
Registered
844 Posts
At least for us,the S3 wasn't showing texts till the recent 4.3 android update.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts