Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owner of a 2017 CR-V EX-L here. Contemplating getting a Samsung Galaxy S9+, but is it compatible with Android Auto? TIA.

·
Registered
41 Posts
What phone do you currently have? I have an S7 Edge and haven't had a problem. Well at first I did. There was an issue with the Galaxy phones in which you couldn't install Android Auto and I had to jump through hoops to get it installed (outside of the Play Store). Google has since updated the app and it's now compatible and should be able to install easily.

·
Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L AWD, Built in Ohio.
229 Posts
It should be supported by Android Auto. I have Oreo 8.1 on my phone and it works flawlessly.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What phone do you currently have? I have an S7 Edge and haven't had a problem. Well at first I did. There was an issue with the Galaxy phones in which you couldn't install Android Auto and I had to jump through hoops to get it installed (outside of the Play Store). Google has since updated the app and it's now compatible and should be able to install easily.
I have an S6 Edge and it works flawlessly. What I'm worried about is the CR-V's software/hardware for the newer Galaxy S9+.

@Daffy..thanks for the input.

Thanks for the info guys. Appreciate it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2017 EX-L here.

S9 (not +) works fine. No matter when you connect it (before starting car, during or after) - Android Auto connects fine.

On another hand, my old and trusted S6 Active was sensitive, and sometimes had to be disconnected and plugged back in again.

As for apps - I use mostly Waze and Smart AudioBook Player.

Waze works perfectly.

Smart Player - sometime it statters, have to unplug phone and plug back in. To be fair - had same issue on S6 Active, so must be player issue. Oh well...

·
Registered
34 Posts
2017 Touring, Galaxy S8+ Orea, Android Auto works fine! S9 will also work...wish they would get rid of that abhorred black bar at the bottom (function bar)...

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Wait until everyone figures out they can root the head unit and install Waze on there without their phone....

One of the nice things about Android Auto is the updates coming to your phone and not the head unit. We are already received one major update on the phone side that helped a lot. Very obvious especially considering it changes from a G to the Google Poodle for the search icon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts