Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that mt Samsung S5 has stopped working with Android Auto. Is any one else having this problem. Went back to the dealer and he plugged it into another new car and still would not work, so it must be a problem with the phone. Android Auto won't come up on the dash screen. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L AWD, Built in Ohio.
229 Posts
Well the best advice is to uninstall and reinstall android auto application from the phone. If that doesn't work, reset the phone to clean it and reinstall your apps and then test.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well the best advice is to uninstall and reinstall android auto application from the phone. If that doesn't work, reset the phone to clean it and reinstall your apps and then test.
I did uninstall and re install AA.
Will resetting the phone wipe out EVERYTHING on the phone ??
Thinking of getting another Samsung phone but don't want to spend a ton of money any ideas what Samsung phones work well with AA ?? Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
There is nothing wrong with using the S5. I'm using one, no problem.

Did you by any chance change the cable?

And I wouldn't do a reset of the phone.

·
Registered
653 Posts
My S5 started acting wonky....on it's own, it decided to auto launch/connect to the CRV. I'm not talking about the phone link, but the data. Didn't want this setup since I don't have a large data plan.

We uninstalled and reinstalled AA and it didn't help. Going through the phone settings, we found some things had been reconfigured--and I think that a recent update from Verizon caused it. It's tedious, but you probably need to review all those settings.

·
Registered
653 Posts
ATT & Honda are stumped .
Are they assuming you didn't reconfigure your settings? Trust me, I didn't change mine -- they happened on their own and I had to figure out what was "off." Admittedly, it was a bit difficult because I hadn't set them to begin with and it became a lesson in trial and error.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My S5 started acting wonky....on it's own, it decided to auto launch/connect to the CRV. I'm not talking about the phone link, but the data. Didn't want this setup since I don't have a large data plan.

We uninstalled and reinstalled AA and it didn't help. Going through the phone settings, we found some things had been reconfigured--and I think that a recent update from Verizon caused it. It's tedious, but you probably need to review all those settings.
Did it work when you auto launch/connect ? If so how did you do that ?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just Call Honda USA said it would be 5 days before a tech could get back to me. .....That's a lot of help !!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Do you have more than 1 phone paired to the CRV?

·
Registered
653 Posts
My phone wasn't hacked. When Verizon Wireless puts out updates to the system, things can go a bit haywire with your phone settings. A year ago, my phone was essentially dead because callers got a message that my number was not in service. Verizon fixed a setting on my phone (I'm not sure what) and said they had been having many problems since the update.

About 6 months ago, I started getting Android Auto going live -- bringing up mapping automatically. Same problem; a Verizon update screwed with my phone settings.

Don't know if you are with Verizon, but I don't think the problem would be unique to that carrier.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have noticed that mt Samsung S5 has stopped working with Android Auto. Is any one else having this problem. Went back to the dealer and he plugged it into another new car and still would not work, so it must be a problem with the phone. Android Auto won't come up on the dash screen. Any help would be great.
I had exactly the same problem with my Apple Play stopped working. The Apple Play icon would not show on the screen. The dealer ordered an Audio Unit (Honda part number 39101-TLA-A42RM). It worked perfectly for a while and then the whole display screen went black. I found out the the RM at the end of the part number means a used part. It is back in the shop today. I am sure if the put in a new Audio unit it would work fine but Honda does not want to spend $1,395 for a new unit and is trying to find another used part. Good luck with getting it fixed.

·
Registered
653 Posts
How do you find what is reconfigured ??
I had to tediously go through settings menu on my phone...and it was mostly trial and error.

Since you have 2 phones paired, you could try uninstalling AA from BOTH phones. Then reinstall just on your phone to see what happens.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts