Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Is it possible to put a 2011 head unit into a 2008 model CRV. will the connections work? if not is there any adaption kit available?
Thanks

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You might get better results posting this in the Mobile Electronics Section, which is all about this stuff. I would say that, if you were given the 2011 head unit it might be worth a try, but you'd have to compare the plugs on the backs of both radios to see if they are the same. If not identical, you would likely have issues. Of course, it would only possibly work if your original 2008 head unit is also a sat/nav unit, and possibly not then, as there might have been additional features added. If your 2008 car has just the basic radio, then it will likely also just have the basic wiring harness too, which won't have all the necessary plugs for it to work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. My unit is a sat nav type and the connections are very similar. I will take your advice and search the forum for Simi!at issues.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Good luck! Let us know how it works out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts