Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my first post.

I swapped my 55 plate Honda Accord i-ctdi Sport for a 2006 CR-V i-ctdi Sport basically because I need the space for my dogs. It's only been eight days and 1000 miles and there are things I miss already from my Accord but on the whole I do like my new car, and the more I drive it the more I like it ;)

What I don't like is the standard stereo system, I want to change it to a sat-nav system with the possibility of i-pod and maybe rear camera functions, I'm looking for advice on systems and installation. My budget is around £700 but is very flexable. Any advice on this would be hugely appreciated.

cheers

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Welcome To The Club!

I can't help you much with your sat-nav system, but there are some members here that seem quite knowledgeable in these areas. Welcome to the club, and good luck with the CR-V and your upgrade.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The dashboard has a double din space in it, normally there is a single din stereo and a single din cubby hole under it.

Decent double din aftermarket nav systems are rare, but a good car audio shop should stock or find one for you.

However, the cheapest and smartest option is to retrofit the factory nav system. Try and find one on ebay or from a breakers, it will cost around £200 - much cheaper than a new one. Be aware that you need all the components inc aerial and DVD unit. You need some cunning mods to the wiring loom too.
See this post on the The Honda Accord Owners Club where someone has retrofitted nav to an '03 UK Accord.

There is no integration of the aircon (with nav) on the 2006 CR-V, so you can acheive the factory look just by changing the stereo unit.

I am considering the same thing for my Civic hybrid, which also has a double din in the dash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts