Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
very intermittently my sat nav screen plays up, the brightness on screen control comes on ,map screen goes back to start menu and flashes on and off,screen blacks out then comes back on it has done this three times over the last few months. i recently did an 80 mile journey and it functioned ok. On the return journey after 16 mls it started to play up and turned off i restarted it and it functioned ok for the rest of the trip any one else had same problem i am a low mileage driver and only use sat nav occasionally so someone who uses sat nav a lot may have experienced it more frequently.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
1,710 Posts
very intermittently my sat nav screen plays up, the brightness on screen control comes on ,map screen goes back to start menu and flashes on and off,screen blacks out then comes back on it has done this three times over the last few months. i recently did an 80 mile journey and it functioned ok. On the return journey after 16 mls it started to play up and turned off i restarted it and it functioned ok for the rest of the trip any one else had same problem i am a low mileage driver and only use sat nav occasionally so someone who uses sat nav a lot may have experienced it more frequently.
If this is a new purchase (I notice you joined here recently)? I'd discuss it with your dealer. Perhaps shoot a video of it acting up if you can.
There may be a firmware update available.

·
Triangular Horse Knees
5,174 Posts
Hello and welcome.

As you've posted in the Hybrid section, what time/age/spec is your car?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Also, try rebooting the system by holding down the volume button until the message comes up asking "reboot?" and choose yes. Please report back if this helps. I've done this when my system won't recognize my phone when plugged in and it works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts