Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am trying to help a nice lady with a 55reg CRV diesel, i had a ride in it on tuesday and i quickly noticed her SatNav DVD was giving an error, "DVD is damaged" !!

I know another nice lady who has a 55reg CRV petrol, as i am helpful chap i did wonder if i could Copy the good Sat Nav DVD from one CRV and fit it in the other CRV ?

Does anyone know if this can be done ?. Or perhaps somebody has already done it, I have an Apple Mac Book Pro lap top to do the Backup operation on, but would like to know of any proven Software that can do this Task of Backing Up a Sat Nav DVD ?

Tim

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
I'm not sure how the DVD SatNav is updated. But in the older gen Accords. They use to use CD to update the SatNav. Can you insert the Disc into the Navi?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure how the DVD SatNav is updated. But in the older gen Accords. They use to use CD to update the SatNav. Can you insert the Disc into the Navi?
Hi "otto888man" thanks for your response, but i dont really dont understand your answer. It is the DVD that is the problem, which can be ejected and re-inserted if required, the DVD has been thoroughly cleaned i found out today, but that didnt help, i dont know anything about an update CD .

Tim

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Just wanted to clarify Tim. You are saying that your friend's DVD unit will not play the DVD discs that is inserted in the unit?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi thanks for that buddy, about all I know about this Sat Nav DVD is :- to gain access to it, the front radio panel with screen drops down to reveal the slot where this DVD lives, it looks as if this slot is dedicated to this sat nav dvd, in fact I didnt even see a CD slot that would accept an audio cd, in fact it may have been radio only !
It only started to play up a few years ago when they were touring France (from the uk), and it hasnt worked properly since, which makes me think now that the problem isnt going to be fixed, with a known to be working DVD from a similar CRV !

Tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damage to the dvd was caused by the drive.
Hi "fonedon" Thanks, i do believe that must be the same trouble that the nice lady has got, i get the impression it wont get fixed, she has just had to pay out £430 for a new Alternator !!!! this in addition to £350 for a Dog Grooming table !!!!

Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts