Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi.
Thank to everyone who put his effort to prepare this guide. I have cleaned the lens in my sat nav and.... it works!!!
To be honest I am not very lucky with electronic devices and when I hear that some procedure was helpful for someone it never mean that it will works for me :)
But this time I won.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks as this worked a treat for me at the weekend.
I took a few more pictures so thought I would share to help others..

So here's the original error message that we're all trying to fix..

Time to remove the facier by undoing two screws below the vents..

Prise out the plastic surround with a plastic knife or similar..

Up she pops..

Now remove the four screws holding the unit in place around the edge of the unit itself..

Disconnect the four connectors..

Remove all the screws from the rear panel..

Flip the back cover up and over and rest it on the top of the unit ready to unscrew the two screws holding the fan onto the cover..

To be continued in next post..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Continued from previous post..
Please refer to the original post for details about removing the screws and then refer to this post to see the extra pics. Heres a pic of lifting the top metal plate off the BOTTOM of the unit..

Here's the right hole to stick the cotton bud in (soaked in isopropryl alcohol) and then stroke/clean the laser whilst viewing with a torch from above..

Then I put it all back together and all fixed! Thank you so much everyone who contributed to the thread.
You can just about see the laser head in this shot..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just joined to thank the OP for the instructions my 04 UK CR-V Exec now has a working sat-nav after a few years of intense irritation. Cake slice and cloth worked for a short while but now fixed with a disassembly
Now I've registered I will be looking for answers to sat-nav door thinking it's open and uneven front tyre wear.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
37 Participants
Glitch33
Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums
Honda CR-V Owners Club forum, the best hang-out to discuss CVT, Hybrids, trim levels and all things CR-V
Full Forum Listing