Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might have been covered. I did a search but didn't see anything that helpful.

I want to update my 2016 EX sat nav. I found instructions on the Honda sight and seems fairly straight forward. I looks like a need to format a USB stick in the car and then download the software on the Honda website. However I mentioned it to a friend in the motor trade who warned me off trying. He said you can adversely effect the SAT NAV and that I will need to pay to have it updated. Is this true?

·
Registered
150 Posts
@ricbritain

Hello,
I'm not sure where your friend is getting his information? Perhaps he's had a bad experience, but I've done this update conservatively myself more than 40 or 50 times without issue (I do give a tip below).

You'll be fine, just use a good quality, name brand USB drive.

Also when the navigation screen says "remove the USB", wait 1 additional minute before removing the drive. This allows the navigation unit to fully close the session which sometimes can cause the need to do the whole process over again.

Here's a link on how the US version of the Garmin navigation system is updated, but it's the same on both side of the pond.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts