Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Moved to Mobile Electronics Section. Probably not, as it would likely not have the necessary peripherals or wiring. I'd go aftermarket anyway, much better choices and hardware.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
You can read through what others here have done in the Mobile Electronics Section, but I recommend you do your best research at crutchfield.com. They can show you lists of everything that will fit your model, which includes the best of most of what is currently available on the market. I am also preparing to do a full audio upgrade on my '07, and will be using Crutchfield. There's cheaper places to buy, but these guys offer full sets of instructions that show literally everything you will need to do, how to do it, and they can supply every little thing you need to do it, including very low-priced custom-made plug and play harnesses and peripherals to make everything work properly and to add any fancy stuff you want, from cameras to whatever. I plan to stick with a major brand name, like Kenwood, Pioneer, or similar, for the head unit. There are a ton of models available that come with every conceivable function to few, from low price to high. Youll see. There's a lot to learn, and a lot of choices to make to end up with a system that fits your budget and does what you want, and gives the level of performance you want, too.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
That's okay. When you get to crutchfield.com, just enter it as a 2011 EX. It doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of difference, and all Gen 3's will be the same in terms of what fits, for reference purposes. For wiring, you might have to ask them if there are differences they know of. They have an online chat function for this, and other methods of contact also. While here the Gen 3 includes the '07-'11 models, the same is true over there. The only difference is that here new models come out in the fall (the '07 came out in the fall of '06), over there, your '07 came out in the first quarter of '07. Right? That's what it says at Wikipedia, anyway. SO your 2011 over here would be a 2012. Is your 2011 before or after the body style change. Here the 2011 is before and the 2012 is after, making it a Gen 4. But, if my guess is right, your 2011 is before, making it a Gen 3 body style, even though it came out in first quarter 2012. I think I said that right. ?

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Also, here we had the LX as base model, EX as mid-level, and EX-L as top-level. I don't know what your trim levels would be. But as long as you get the body style matched to the same as yours it will work on their site. Here's what the US Gen 3 looks like in body style: - the 2012 is the updated year wit ha new body style. So all you have to do is make sure you're on the correct side of that body style change line.

·
Registered
2019 CR-V Hybrid SR Crystal Red Metallic
413 Posts
Sorry from UK so will be a UK spec model
It's a great forum but a lot of advice and info is US centric. Many of the hardware recommends aren't available to us as many US suppliers don't do international postage. Some times we can get the stuff from China but short of hopping on a plane us Brits are stuffed.

My Weather Tech mudflaps came over in a friends suitcase.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts