Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2003 Sport, (UK Spec) CRV with a factory fit, Alpine 2005 Sat Nav system fitted, running V2.06 software. It has recently started displaying 'DVD disc is reading an error' and failing to initialise. Has anyone had a similar problem? Would be interested to know if the problem is with the disk or the unit? Considering buying V2.07 software to upgrade, but pointless if unit is at fault.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I have a 2003 Sport, (UK Spec) CRV with a factory fit, Alpine 2005 Sat Nav system fitted, running V2.06 software. It has recently started displaying 'DVD disc is reading an error' and failing to initialise. Has anyone had a similar problem? Would be interested to know if the problem is with the disk or the unit? Considering buying V2.07 software to upgrade, but pointless if unit is at fault.
Have you tried to CAREFULLY take out the DVD and clean it with a commercially available cleaning kit? Remember that DVD's are more fragile than CD's for scratches, fingerprints, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sat Nav Dvd disc reading error

I had the disc reading error message when my CRV was about 2 years old. The head unit was replaced under warranty. It has now happened on the new one - also now about two years old.
I'm off back to the dealers to complain - if you search around it is a common problem.
Cleaning the laser with a dvd cleaning disc may help.
It isn't the disc!

janfijay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts