Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just is process to trade crappy Mazda cx5 2016, and getting crv exl 2019.
Saying hello to everyone

Thx

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,138 Posts
Welcome!!

when are you getting your CRV?
color?
where do you live?

I luv mine.... purchased in Jan 2018

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello.

I just traded in my 2016 CR-V EX for the 2019 Touring and so far I'm loving it.
I really loving the carplay because I can use waze with it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I was told they will produce it about April 1st. Pick up day middle of April.
I live central of NJ. I got my crv from one of the biggest honda dealer in USA - Hamilton Honda.
They provide free lifetime oil change and car wash.
My only biggest concern is "dead battery" issue. The more I am reading about it the more scary it is. I changed my battery in my cx5 after 55k.
I read the stories here that is dead couple times a month. Not good.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,922 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I hope the CRV serves you better than the CX5 did.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well, I was told they will produce it about April 1st. Pick up day middle of April.
I live central of NJ. I got my crv from one of the biggest honda dealer in USA - Hamilton Honda.
They provide free lifetime oil change and car wash.
My only biggest concern is "dead battery" issue. The more I am reading about it the more scary it is. I changed my battery in my cx5 after 55k.
I read the stories here that is dead couple times a month. Not good.
Welcome! I’m not trying to scare you away. Battery and the fuel dilution is your biggest concern. There’s still no true fix to the fuel dilution issue and there may not be until the next redesign of the drivetrain.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can see battery dead issue concern me more that OD. There are so many complaints a out it. Should I regret that purchase?
I have no clue....

·
Registered
126 Posts
I can see battery dead issue concern me more that OD. There are so many complaints a out it. Should I regret that purchase?
I have no clue....
You may want to hold off on the purchase unless you’re leasing the car. Honda claim fuel dilution is not a concern but if it’s severe enough it can lead to engine failures because of lack of lubrications In the engine oil. Also this being a direct injection with no secondary fuel injection, carbon build up on the back of the intake valves can be a concern too.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,138 Posts
i haven't had any of the battery/oil issues w/my CRV.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You may want to hold off on the purchase unless you’re leasing the car. Honda claim fuel dilution is not a concern but if it’s severe enough it can lead to engine failures because of lack of lubrications In the engine oil. Also this being a direct injection with no secondary fuel injection, carbon build up on the back of the intake valves can be a concern too.
I already paid 2k deposit. I guess I can't do anything at this point.

Sorry for double post.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So basically if I go straight to dealer and ask them for refund it's not gonna happen, right?

·
Registered
126 Posts
So basically if I go straight to dealer and ask them for refund it's not gonna happen, right?
They will give you a hard time no matter what. Know your right before you go in there. Deposit on a product you never take delivery is always refundable even though the sale contract states non-refundable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
They will give you a hard time no matter what. Know your right before you go in there. Deposit on a product you never take delivery is always refundable even though the sale contract states non-refundable.
I would have to do more research about it.
Thx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.