Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a touchup paint for the interior plastic trim? When those panels get marred up, the scratch is lighter than the original surface.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
It's plastic, not such thing exists because it's not paint. The plastic itself is that color.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,614 Posts
There is, however, vinyl paint, which is formulated to work on flexible surfaces and comes in various interior colors. I get mine from FMC Truck. But you can probably get it from Amazon or any number of online sources. A little sanding or surface prep, clean and paint. It won't cover deep gouges, but there are other ways to do that. Look for some YouTube videos on it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK ... thanks. I found a video that illustrates heating the plastic, which causes the scratch to disappear. But, the heated area becomes shiny. So, I'll keep searching.

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,614 Posts
Nothing is ever going to make it perfect again, and plain old wear and tear makes it inevitable on any vehicle that actually gets used in real world conditions. If the scratch is in the cargo area, I'd just leave it. If it's on the dash, replacement is likely the only real solution. That won't be cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts