Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.

I recently scratched the dashboard of my 2003 CRV (it's old, but I love it!) in a couple places. Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions of how to possibly fix these? Go to professional, or get a kit?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Since it's probably plastic there's no real fix except replacing the damaged piece.

Have you considered a couple of large bandaids? :D

edit: spelling

·
Administrator
3,408 Posts
There are ways of repairing/painting plastic.
But is it really worth it?

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,457 Posts
Are you talking about fine scratches on the instrument faces? The clear plastic?

On other Forums I frequent, this stuff comes highly recommended.

·
Registered
112 Posts
There are automotive upholstery shops that can repair dash scratches with varying results, none of which are spectacular. The best you can hope for is "better, but not gone"

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I have a bit of a "rash" in a few places (in my CR-V, not on me personally), and I wondered the same thing. I know they can't be eliminated, but that whitish rough plastic I'm sure can be taken care of somehow.

I know the used car dealers use this Armor All type stuff that goes on thick and hides all of that, but I don't want to be layering all those oily chemicals onto the interior.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello All.

I recently scratched the dashboard of my 2003 CRV (it's old, but I love it!) in a couple places. Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions of how to possibly fix these? Go to professional, or get a kit?

Thanks.
Dashboard scratches are totally fixable. I had a mobile upholstery repair shop remove some deep scratches from the dash of my ‘10 CR-V. He used what looked like a small blowtorch and color matched the interior. When it was finished, the repair was completely undetectable.

1566430243724.jpeg

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Oh wow, that's a nice job! I have a local leather repair guy coming out to give an estimate on fixing the cracks in our blue '09. I might ask if he knows someone locally who can do a similar repair for me. Plus, whoever fixed the armrest on my driver's door did a decent job, except for a long drip of adhesive running down from it.

My center console is kind of scarfed up, but that's the faux metallic finish on it. Probably no fix for that.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I lived in New Mexico at 7000 feet above sea level. Without a dash cover the dash would last about 3 years before cracking. Even though I live at 1000 feet now, I always get a cover for my dash. No scratches or cracks .

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Dashboard scratches are totally fixable. I had a mobile upholstery repair shop remove some deep scratches from the dash of my ‘10 CR-V. He used what looked like a small blowtorch and color matched the interior. When it was finished, the repair was completely undetectable.
That's impressive, and I admit I was wrong in my earlier post. :)

·
Registered
77 Posts
That is impressive. The guy who did my annual state inspection today scratched the left of the hood of the dashboard a bit in scraping off the old inspection sticker with a long-handled scraper. I didn't notice it till I was home, and someone who didn't know where the scratches were would probably have to have me point them out to him or her. Not a big enough deal to go back and make a beef about. I was thinking I could find a solution here (I thought Armor-All probably made something that would remove such scratches, too). I don't know if we have any mobile upholstery repair shops, but I guess I will see if I can find out. Thanks for this post.

View attachment 135223 View attachment 135223

1 - 13 of 13 Posts