Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been beat to death here, but I got to wondering....... do we really need this plastic piece of s***t
in place here in the first place?
Has anyone here simply removed it and did not replace it?
I don't see what the harm would be!
Open for discussion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm a somewhat new CRV owner and I noticed the gauge cluster window was already scratched so your post gave me a good laugh. Glad I am not the only one! This is my second Honda with the piano black interior trim so I was prepared this time and have been able to maintain it relatively scratch free but now I am going to have to pay special attention to cleaning the gauge cluster. They really should make it from more durable material!

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,548 Posts
I would NOT remove the plastic screen. Do you really want dust, sneeze particles, etc. directly on your instrument display? I would not.. as when you clean it.. you will scratch it too. Besides.. the screen has a bezel that forms the front surface of the dash surrounding the screen.. so there is likely no easy way to remove it and not lose the bezel too.

Swirl scratches, which is what I see on mine under exactly the right direct sunlight is easily buffed out with a soft cloth and plastic polish... but honestly... 9 times out of 10.. when the sunlight hits just right.. I see more dust particles on the screen then actual swirl scratches. So I just let it go and forget about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts