Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is having trouble with her rings scratching the area under the outside door handle.. Has anyone found any kind of shield, like the clear bra stuff, that could be used to protect this area? We never had this problem on our 2007, so the cup area must be a little shallower on the 2013?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have 3m clear bra protection on mine. Got it when I had the front end clear bra installed.

You can order online

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Universal-Clear-Side-Door-Handles-Paint-Scratches-Protective-Film-Vinyl-/380465102767?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:2012|Make:Honda|Model:CR-V&hash=item58957cbfaf&vxp=mtr

but I assume since its universal it may not be big enough to cover the whole area or not. You can try it but I would suggest maybe find a 3m clear bra installer and have a proper one done.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.. I called a 3M clear bra installer, and he said he would do the 2 front door cups for $20.. Seemed reasonable to me. I've tried that stuff on glass, and it's a little tricky to install, especially on a curved surface..

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nice. After seeing what happened to my moms Black Lexus IS300 I definitely had to get it for my CRV. Basically my mom has long nails and overtime, has basically created a ton of scratches in the area. Looks like sandpaper has went thru it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts