Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 EX L Touring
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased a 2017 CRV Touring about 6 weeks ago but haven’t driven it a lot since being quarantined because of Covid 19. Today my wife drove it to work and had to leave it outside in the rain. She complained to me that as she backed out of the parking space the brakes screeched incredibly loud. I suspect this is do to rotors and pads being wet as there was not a problem driving home when the car was going forward.
Is this normal as I suspect or should I have the dealership look at it? Back in the day I had similar a similar problem with my Dakota and my mechanic pointed out different materials were being used for brake pads as asbestos was phased out. He put some type of compound to quiet the brakes, but it didn’t go away completely.
Feedback anyone?

·
Registered
2019 CR-V EX
1,075 Posts
Disc brakes commonly squeal or screech to some extent when a foreign substance (including water) come into contact with them. Furthermore, it's not uncommon for a light coating of rust to build up on the rotors in a matter of hours when they stationary and subjected to continuous moisture. It comes off within moments of brake use but it can cause a squeal or a screech.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
weight to the rear sure its Norm . fronts did not do when you went forward first I bet.

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
We purchased a 2017 CRV Touring about 6 weeks ago but haven’t driven it a lot since being quarantined because of Covid 19. Today my wife drove it to work and had to leave it outside in the rain. She complained to me that as she backed out of the parking space the brakes screeched incredibly loud. I suspect this is do to rotors and pads being wet as there was not a problem driving home when the car was going forward.
Is this normal as I suspect or should I have the dealership look at it? Back in the day I had similar a similar problem with my Dakota and my mechanic pointed out different materials were being used for brake pads as asbestos was phased out. He put some type of compound to quiet the brakes, but it didn’t go away completely.
Feedback anyone?

its normal, go drive it in the rain then leave it for a few days it you look at the disc you can see the oxidation.
Drive a block until the "friction" stops then you'll see then look perfect

1 - 4 of 4 Posts