Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I'm trying to diagnose an SRS fault on my RHD (UK) 2003. I've tried reading error codes by grounding pin 9 on the OBD connector but this did not work. On closer inspection, pin 9 does not exist, which I presume means the SRS error codes are read using a separate 2-pin service check (SCS) connector. However despite searching obvious places in the interior and hours of googling (i've read numerous posts relating to US cars) I cannot find it. Can anyone point me where to look (or confirm how else I can retrieve the error codes for a 2003 UK car).
Thanks in advance for your help!
D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Doh! I figured i would have one last poke around and it was there clear as day - just taped to the lead feeding the OBD. Sorry!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Error was 4-1 which I understood to be due to either a dodgy passenger side seatbelt tensioner, or a fault in the wiring leading to the tensioner. I proceeded to locate the tensioner by gently prizing away the trim on the door pillar, removed the electrical connector and straightened up the wiring a little, then reconnected. I also checked all visible connectors under the seat for good measure. Having done that I erased the error code and reset the SRS light by bridging the MES connector, and ........ the SRS light stayed off.

Unfortunately after a short trip around the village the fault reappeared. I figured I would try the same thing on the driver's side (having read another thread about 4-1 relating to "right hand side" rather than passenger side). Light stayed off again, but this time has stayed off. I've done 100 or so miles since without a problem.

No doubt the problem will come back again at some point (suspect the wiring is on its way out), but for now I'm feeling rather pleased to have located (if not really fixed) the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts