Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, I own a 2003 CRV and since new I find that the driver's seat belt is very slow to retract.
Most times I have to manually assist the belt when I get out of the car.
I enquired at the dealer to see if there were any updates or bullitins.
The answer was no.
Has anybody been successful in a remedy?
Thanks,

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Ridered said:
Hi Folks, I own a 2003 CRV and since new I find that the driver's seat belt is very slow to retract.
Most times I have to manually assist the belt when I get out of the car.
I enquired at the dealer to see if there were any updates or bullitins.
The answer was no.
Has anybody been successful in a remedy?
Thanks,
If it has an issue, have them replace it under warranty. Seatbelts are covered by Honda for the lifetime of the vehicle.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sub standard seatbelts

I recently purchased a 2008 CR-V EX replacing a 1996 Toyota Corolla DX and i have to say that the EX's front seatbelts are awful! They ARE slow to retract and they get tangled and bang against the butter-soft plastic/vinyl on the front passenger door on which I'm waiting for a some nasty looking scratches to appear.

My Toyota Corolla's seatbelts had better and firmer retractors, never got tangled, and never scratched the door. I noticed that my brother-in-law was confused by the seat belt in the front passenger seat as well. They tangle so easily and he had to "assist" the seat belt to get it untangled before getting out of the vehicle. This is my first Honda and I like the vehicle except for the:

butter soft interior vinyl/plastic that scratches too easily. This is ridiculous in this day and age.

The sub standard seat belts that don't seem to work properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts