Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never did it at the dealership. Did anyone notice more comfort with the cloth or leather. The seats don’t work for me with cloth. Thinking about getting leather and extra padding. If factory leather is more comfortable. I may make a trade up from my ex to touring.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,578 Posts
It would be cheaper if you ordered some Wet Okole covers and request additional padding in the covers. They're not cheap but far less than another car, and you can customize the covers to your hearts content.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the recommendation I will check them out. The reason I said upgrade also was for the extra features and only 1500 more than I owe on my ex and negligible mileage difference.

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L FWD
405 Posts
Just my biased opinion but I am not a fan of the (narrow) CRV seats (regardless of what material covers them). I'd greatly prefer a bench seat (no armrests, no storage cabinets) with lots of room to carry a holstered firearm.

Incidentally - I have Okole covers on my V (protection against my dogs dirt, drool, nails, etc). Based on what I feel I wouldn't spend the money covering the front seats again; but the dogs back seats For Sure.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I’ve driven a 4th generation CRV with cloth seats and the leather seats in my 5th gen Touring are so much better. Absolutely worth it considering how much time you will spend in the car. It’s noticeable on long trips where your back and butt get sore with the cloth seats more quickly and you find yourself shuffling around or taking more frequent pit stops. I’ve also had several people who were not expecting leather seats in a CRV comment on how comfortable they are. Only gripes are I wish they were captain chair style with arm rests and I wish they were air cooled. I haven’t driven a 5th gen with cloth seats other than just a test drive so perhaps they improved from 4th gen and they are better for longer trips than previous generations, but I felt the difference was noticeable enough during the test drive adding another reason for me to go with the Touring. Also I’m 6’ 200lbs fit build and I feel they support me and haven’t had any back pain. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I agree with wrascal. My buddies 80 Cadillac Sedan Deville d'ellegance was the best ever with its bench seating. Heck the seats in there are probably more comfy than 99% of peoples couches. Got off topic but that was a good thought. Could ride in that car forever and as big as a house it got awesome mpg.

Im going to check out a touring and ex-l at a local lot on friday. I will post an update how they feel. obviously until i would take a longer drive wont know for sure.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My only issue with the seat is the lumbar support or lack thereof. My old '03 Acord EX-L had very good seats, all aspects. The CR-V seats due to the lack of lumbar or not enough of it, makes me have the tendency to slouch. Have yet to find a good lumbar cushion.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I always buy Leather seats. They are much more comfortable and if something spills on them it's not a major issue. Cloth gets stained, gets dirty and sometimes you can clean it all away and sometimes the marks are impossible to remove. Also if you keep the car long enough the cloth seats often develop ripping at the seams.

Rob

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I don't know if the full leather seats of the Gen4 are any comfier but the full leather in Gen3 were much better than the Alcantara + leather in my current Gen4.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I'm not a fan of leather seats at all. They are hot and sticky in the humid summers around here, and cold during the icy cold winters.

And the CR-V comes with leather-trimmed seats, not full leather. If you want full leather seats than you'll have to install aftermarket leather seat covers from some place like Katzkin.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,620 Posts
I'm not a fan of leather seats at all. They are hot and sticky in the humid summers around here, and cold during the icy cold winters.

And the CR-V comes with leather-trimmed seats, not full leather. If you want full leather seats than you'll have to install aftermarket leather seat covers from some place like Katzkin.
I'm not a fan of leather either for the same reasons. But since many cars do not give you a choice anymore within a trim level.. I simply went to sheepskin covers on my seats many years ago.. regardless of the seat cover material of the vehicle. They are warm in the winter and cool in the summer and they wear really well, easily replaceable later if needed and don't cost all that much. They defeat the seat heating in my touring.. but I never use that anyway.. since I live in California.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well, speaking seats, seat covers, leather vs. cloth, etc., last week I had a huge coffee spill on the back seat. If you've ever spilled coffee anywhere, you'd know how bad it smells after the fact. freshly brewed coffee or fresh beans/grounds smell great, but once it's spilled and dried, there's a terrible acrid smell left behind (this was black coffee). Fortunately I have the OEM seat covers in the back but it took multiple washings to actually get the smell out. The OEM covers though are very thick and heavy and none of the liquid got through (it's like some kind of wetsuit material underneath). But boy am I glad I had those covers....if the spill had just landed on the leather! Yes, you can wipe it off because it's not "absorbent" but it would've been hell trying to get it out of the tiny perforation holes, seams, etc.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts