Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the forum but didn't find these answers.

We recently purchased a 2019 EX, white with ivory seats (the 2019 black interior CRV EX's were sold out). Because the seats are cloth, which we prefer, and light color, I am shopping for seat covers. Weather Tech has some, though they are expensive, but they may block the side air bag. I prefer a washable fabric seat cover that won't mar the seat underneath.

I've been pricing floor mats, first and second rows, and a cargo mat. Weather Tech has them in TPE material that is non-toxic and odorless (requirements) and other vendors do as well.

I appreciate your suggestions for seat covers and floor mats. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I really like the WeatherTech mats in all of my vehicles. I do have a dealer account through a distributor where I can get them at a discount. If you'd like to save a few bucks I can see if I can have them drop shipped.

Edited to add: I do have the back seat protector in my CR-V and I like it a lot. Good peace of mind having the kids carseats sitting on top of it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Here are 4 slip-on seat covers I've used in a 2011 CRV SE (tan cloth seats) and my current 2019 CRV EX:

1. SeatKeeper F-Cap bucket seat cover (SK-207).
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Lexus
Car seat cover Car seat Vehicle Car Vehicle door

With these $50 slip-on covers, the tan cloth seats in my 2011 CRV still looked like new after 7 years.

Nowadays, I transferred the covers to my 2019 CRV EX (photos above).

Heavy-duty material is VERY effective protecting against sharp-clawed dogs, child car seats, and incontinent old folks. Machine washable? The few times they needed cleaning, I just hosed 'em off.

But the F-Cap is only available in one color (light brown). Whereas, the $37 Standard Bucket cover (SK-208) is available in 3 colors.

2. Bargain Alternative: $27 Aries Seat Defender. Brown, black, or grey. They say it's machine-washable... it's not as heavy-duty as the SeatKeeper. And by comparison, the Aries' fit is kinda sloppy.

Car seat cover Car seat Head restraint Vehicle Car

(Shown in my 2011 CRV. The cover is actually brown, but looks purple-ish in the photo.)

3. If your CRV has seat heaters, the warmth will not penetrate the SeatKeeper nor the Aries. You can use a lightweight seat towel, like the overpriced Seat Armour CST.

4. Cheapskate Alternative: Cover your seat with an ordinary towel. Or go all-in with a towel pattern you like.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Floor mats: Weathertech, Husky, Maxpider, Smartliner... you'll find fans for all.

I bought OEM Honda Genuine all-season mats & cargo tray for my 2011 CRV. Did the same for my 2019 CRV. Great fit and heavy-duty. And I like the rubbery texture -- not as slippery as plastic mats.

Lots of video comparisons, like this:

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,211 Posts
i purchased maxpider becuz my brother has weathertech in his Toyota Tundra..... passengers side never stayed in place - i'm always fixing it when i get in and out... and for me, weathertech is too stiff. the maxpider isn't has high as the weathertech's I saw, but is more flexible to fitting. just my opinion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I love my custom fit WeatherTech floor liners. The fit is fantastic, don't slip at all, and they've worked wonderfully. For the cargo mat, I decided that was an area I could save money among the accessories I was buying, and got the Weather Tech universal cargo mat that you cut to fit. It regularly goes for $50, but I got it from Costco for $30. Quite a big savings from the custom fit cargo mat I was originally planning on getting for $110. It looks and works great, and it never crosses my mind that it's not the custom fit one like my floor liners. You just need to make sure you have a good pair of newer household scissors to making cutting it to fit an easier task.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I really like the WeatherTech mats in all of my vehicles. I do have a dealer account through a distributor where I can get them at a discount. If you'd like to save a few bucks I can see if I can have them drop shipped.

Edited to add: I do have the back seat protector in my CR-V and I like it a lot. Good peace of mind having the kids carseats sitting on top of it.
Thanks, do you want to share your email address?
Here are 4 slip-on seat covers I've used in a 2011 CRV SE (tan cloth seats) and my current 2019 CRV EX:

1. SeatKeeper F-Cap bucket seat cover (SK-207).
View attachment 138570 View attachment 138571

With these $50 slip-on covers, the tan cloth seats in my 2011 CRV still looked like new after 7 years.

Nowadays, I transferred the covers to my 2019 CRV EX (photos above).

Heavy-duty material is VERY effective protecting against sharp-clawed dogs, child car seats, and incontinent old folks. Machine washable? The few times they needed cleaning, I just hosed 'em off.

But the F-Cap is only available in one color (light brown). Whereas, the $37 Standard Bucket cover (SK-208) is available in 3 colors.

2. Bargain Alternative: $27 Aries Seat Defender. Brown, black, or grey. They say it's machine-washable... it's not as heavy-duty as the SeatKeeper. And by comparison, the Aries' fit is kinda sloppy.

View attachment 138572
(Shown in my 2011 CRV. The cover is actually brown, but looks purple-ish in the photo.)

3. If your CRV has seat heaters, the warmth will not penetrate the SeatKeeper nor the Aries. You can use a lightweight seat towel, like the overpriced Seat Armour CST.

4. Cheapskate Alternative: Cover your seat with an ordinary towel. Or go all-in with a towel pattern you like.
These are great suggestions. It's important what you said about the first option that your seats looked like new after seven years so the cover didn't damage the seat. I'll look at each link and go from there. Thanks again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks, that could be helpful. I know WeatherTech mats are great quality-I have them in my Accord-but cost is a factor. I am comparing costs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Floor mats: Weathertech, Husky, Maxpider, Smartliner... you'll find fans for all.

I bought OEM Honda Genuine all-season mats & cargo tray for my 2011 CRV. Did the same for my 2019 CRV. Great fit and heavy-duty. And I like the rubbery texture -- not as slippery as plastic mats.

Lots of video comparisons, like this:
Thanks very much for your comments. Some mats have a Proposition 65 warning re: toxicity, etc.; I am checking that factor to avoid them as options. You provided names of brands for me to research.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i purchased maxpider becuz my brother has weathertech in his Toyota Tundra..... passengers side never stayed in place - i'm always fixing it when i get in and out... and for me, weathertech is too stiff. the maxpider isn't has high as the weathertech's I saw, but is more flexible to fitting. just my opinion.
Thanks, this is helpful.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love my custom fit WeatherTech floor liners. The fit is fantastic, don't slip at all, and they've worked wonderfully. For the cargo mat, I decided that was an area I could save money among the accessories I was buying, and got the Weather Tech universal cargo mat that you cut to fit. It regularly goes for $50, but I got it from Costco for $30. Quite a big savings from the custom fit cargo mat I was originally planning on getting for $110. It looks and works great, and it never crosses my mind that it's not the custom fit one like my floor liners. You just need to make sure you have a good pair of newer household scissors to making cutting it to fit an easier task.
Thanks, this is helpful.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I searched the forum but didn't find these answers.

We recently purchased a 2019 EX, white with ivory seats (the 2019 black interior CRV EX's were sold out). Because the seats are cloth, which we prefer, and light color, I am shopping for seat covers. Weather Tech has some, though they are expensive, but they may block the side air bag. I prefer a washable fabric seat cover that won't mar the seat underneath.

I've been pricing floor mats, first and second rows, and a cargo mat. Weather Tech has them in TPE material that is non-toxic and odorless (requirements) and other vendors do as well.

I appreciate your suggestions for seat covers and floor mats. Thanks in advance.
I purchased the leatherette seat covers I love them. I actually just got a new car so they are for sale. C

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.