Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has found a set of front seat covers they like and hopefully fits well. I have a 2015 Touring and I'm looking for a little extra protection other than a crappy towel, sheet, or other silliness.

Thank you for your assistance.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The Coverking seat covers look like they fit well and are of good quality.

You don't necessarily have to buy from the link below. I usually buy from whoever is cheapest and has a good reputation.

http://www.carid.com/2015-honda-cr-v-seat-covers/

·
Registered
183 Posts
We bought some CalTrend covers and installed them, but didn't like the fit nor the looks of them. Order beige to match the interior but the color was WAY off. My wife and I took them off, looked at the gorgeous leather seats, and at the same time said, "Let's just enjoy what we paid for." Exactly!! Why preserve them for the next owner, if there is one. :)

Anyway, I don't recommend the CalTrend Velour covers, but then again, YMMV.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think the leather in the Touring models have tiny holes, so if someone was to spill something or if a child was to puke, I would think it would be a pain to clean. Not to mention if the seat heater element was to be impacted.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think the leather in the Touring models have tiny holes, so if someone was to spill something or if a child was to puke, I would think it would be a pain to clean. Not to mention if the seat heater element was to be impacted.
Most leather seats in cars these days are perforated and many are not only heated but also air cooled as well (I have that in my Azera and just love it). Just my opinion that if my seats would be prone to spills, puke etc, I would opt for cloth upholstery. To me, the pleasure of leather is the look and feel of it and once it's covered, you lose that.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You may want to try sheepskin covers for your CRV. They quite comfy, aren't cold in winter nor hot in the summer. I bought these from an outfit in Arizona, although I forgot what company it was. They're custom fit for any car....in this case the new CRV's.
2012-09-03_11-14-23_389.jpg

·
Registered
453 Posts
Most leather seats in cars these days are perforated and many are not only heated but also air cooled as well (I have that in my Azera and just love it). Just my opinion that if my seats would be prone to spills, puke etc, I would opt for cloth upholstery. To me, the pleasure of leather is the look and feel of it and once it's covered, you lose that.
I have leather seats in my 2015. I spilled something in them and you could see white in the holes.

I took the car to the Honda dealer (detailer) as there was a package when I bought the car (exterior/interior protection). The guy took the car and five minutes later he returned it. He said leather (even with the holes) is a whole lot easier to clean than the non-leather seats. Not sure how he did it but it wasn't difficult for him.

I did buy the Honda seat covers for the back seat. They feel like a wet suit. So glad I did as German Shepherd dog was in car daily.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know this goes without saying, but be very careful that the manufacturer who makes the cover knows your particular year in that some car seats need airbag flap cover so that the seat bag deploys correctly...
I remember I had to do this on my older VW....years ago.
I'm not familiar with your year CRV, but I'd check with Honda first to see if there's any recommendations on seat covers.
What I would NOT do is buy from the cheapest manufacturer, without knowing if they know your car's specs, first.
Just my .02

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
My favorite is Wet Okole, they fit perfectly ( people don't even know they are covers ) wide range of colors, patterns, custom embroidered if you want. They design and test them to work with side air bags. You can even have them with custom pockets like a hidden pocket for a handgun for those 2nd Amendmenters. They're a bit pricey but worth it.
www.wetokole.com

1 - 18 of 18 Posts