Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm a new Honda and new CRV owner and I'm looking for some seat covers for my front seats -- the leather can be a bit sweaty in the FL summer. I've looked around online but wasn't sure which direction to go. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
UltraNatasha

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seat Covers

You can go to Walmart auto section, Pep Boys, Auto Zone or any auto supply store...or go online to Ebay or Google and enter.. "Automobile seat covers"....and...you will get many many online sellers.
Hope this helps....I, also, live in Florida, and I simply take a nice looking T shirt and slip it over the backside area...and...if you have the side airbags....the sleeve portion can be cut out!!! or a sleeveless type undershirt.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for your responses -coverking.com looks like a pretty good site. Hard to tell on the e-bay site whether or not the seatcovers will work on the '07 CRV.

Happy Driving!
Tracey

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi y'all. First post- my girl just put a deposit on her 07 CR-V today and we pick it up next Friday. I believe the front seats have airbags mounted in them. I could be mistaken, but if they do, you might not want to interfere with them by using aftermarket seat covers.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Air Bags

Hi y'all. First post- my girl just put a deposit on her 07 CR-V today and we pick it up next Friday. I believe the front seats have airbags mounted in them. I could be mistaken, but if they do, you might not want to interfere with them by using aftermarket seat covers.
Excellent point! The front seats do have air bags. Someone above mentioned cutting the covers. If you do, you must make sure that the cover will not redirect the direction of the air bag deployment. The last thing you want is an airbag caught behind your back inflating while the front air bag is inflating. Be careful.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Hello. I'm a new Honda and new CRV owner and I'm looking for some seat covers for my front seats -- the leather can be a bit sweaty in the FL summer. I've looked around online but wasn't sure which direction to go. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
UltraNatasha
Welcome to the forum!

As others mentioned, just be aware of your side airbags if you buy seat covers.
You may want to stop by an auto-upholstery shop and see what they would charge you for a custom set. It may be cheaper than you think.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Folks....

The Cover King seat covers are built to order for your vehicle...and they are slotted for side airbags...and you can order them with/without armrest mods...and for front and back seat (and my dogs like the back seat covers:))

Although you can order them from coverking.com or autobarn.com (where they are cheaper)...there is still a 4 to 6 week delivery...
But I think they are worth it...

b.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Try exactseatcovers.com I believe they sell seat covers for cars even with side airbags. ;) Personally I held off buying one because I didn't want the new car smell to go away real fast on the 4R but I have a friend who got one and he loves the covers! It's an exact fit, but make sure you order the ones WITH SIDE AIRBAGS

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I have had WetOkole on my '97 and on my 03 Xtreme since new to make cleaning spills easy. I bought a set for my '08 CR-V but due to installation complexity I have not finished. To properly tie down the passengers seat bottom section on the LX, the seat needs to be removed. So that the drop down tray can be removed and maybe even the seat itself.

I don't know but if your hand are extremely small and you can contort like Gumby you may not have to. I being a paraplegic need it well fastened with all three straps. So that is what I need to do. Not WetOkole's fault. They last a very long time and WetOkole will replace any ripped panels for a flat rate of $15 with return S/H included I think. You do need to pay to return it to them

They are expensive but fit very well. The choice of colors, patterns and piping is impressive. As well as the service.

-Rg

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2016 CR-V EX has just 9k mi after 9 months. My cloth seat cover is showing wear already. Very disappointed. My prior experience with non-leather covered Honda seats was no wear after 80k mi. So I am researching covers.

·
Vendor
730 Posts
Hey @ CRV24TT,

We carry a lot of custom seat cover options for the 2016 CR-V. You are welcome to follow the link below to view the complete selection:
2016 Honda CR-V seat covers at CARiD
All custom seat covers by Coverking, Covercraft and Caltrend will not interfere the air bags, so they are completely safe to use in terms of airbag compatibility.
What material are you interested in (cloth, leather, leatherette)? Or maybe there are specific things you expect from your seat covers (like you want them to be water repellent perhaps)?
You are welcome to contact us if you need any help with the new seat covers for your CR-V!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.