Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

Can you install seat covers on either 2019 EXL or Touring ? It appears weather tech website says not to install if the seats have embedded airbags. If weathertech is not an option does any other manufacturer work with embedded airbags ?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Folks,

Can you install seat covers on either 2019 EXL or Touring ? It appears weather tech website says not to install if the seats have embedded airbags. If weathertech is not an option does any other manufacturer work with embedded airbags ?

Properly designed seat covers will have a blow-out seam on the sides for the airbags. If they don't then they simply are not properly designed in my view.

That said.. I always just use non-wrap around sheepskin seat covers on my Hondas. They do the trick for comfort and heat/cold moderation as well as are easy to install and remove to clean or replace over time. My personal favorites for both CRV and Accord are: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0182QTSP6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
196 Posts
Check out my seat covers (front and back):

My front ones are side airbag friendly. Where the outer seat bolsters are you'll see an open gap/slit in the cover where the airbag will pop out through.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Check out my seat covers (front and back):

My front ones are side airbag friendly. Where the outer seat bolsters are you'll see an open gap/slit in the cover where the airbag will pop out through.
How's the neoprene in the summer?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
7 Participants
VIVADUDE
Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums
Honda CR-V Owners Club forum, the best hang-out to discuss CVT, Hybrids, trim levels and all things CR-V
Full Forum Listing