Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new here and I had a quick question... I'm way outside warranty on my 2013 CR-V but I just noticed this issue about a month ago.. I usually use the straps on the bottom of the seat to fold the seats down, and haven't had any issues. But I noticed the headrest on the passenger side doesn't fold forward. Then I went to pull the strap on the top of that seat to have it fold down and the strap just pulled out. I tried fooling with the seat cover for a few minutes to see if anything was open back there, but it seemed like the seat was fully enclosed. I guess what I'm getting at is...
1. - Does anyone know what that strap is supposed to be connected to is made out of? Is it plastic and possibly broke off or metal and it was never attached?
2. - Are the seats two drawn panels that are welded together, or is there a way to get in there?

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
772 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Georgia Dawg country. Would like an answer for your seat situation but mine is older. I would contact Honda customer service 1st, good luck.
David g. :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
My backrest doesn't fold down like before. Found the plastic where two cables (top of the back seat and from the lever) attached broke off from the main plastic pivot point. Looks like this need a whole seat assembly. For now I've removed the plastic cover so I could lift the plastic, using my fingers, that holds the seat upright or incline it. Too bad this is a cool feature of the CRV and for it to breakdown this early is a PIA. BTW, mine is a 2013 4wd with just 15,500 miles on it.

·
Super Moderator
3,194 Posts
Given your cars age and low miles worth asking Honda for a goodwill repair if out of warranty

·
Registered
548 Posts
Given your cars age and low miles worth asking Honda for a goodwill repair if out of warranty
Goodwill or not an Owner would not expect to have this happen in such a short time span, unless the seat was exposed to long periods of hot sun or in 10 - 12 yrs maybe.
I'd be researching all avenues for replacement - repairs if they don't come to the party.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Changing out the lock mechanism

I've just ordered the rear left seat locking mechanism. It is around USD$92.00 including shipping. This mechanism includes the plastic that was broken off. Following is my order information.

Part No.: 82620-T0A-A03
LOCK, L. RR. SEAT

This is for 2012 EX-L with RES. I'm not sure if this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everybody, newbie here. I also have a 2013 and just had the identical problem happen with the rear headrest strap about an hour ago. The strap end doesn't have a loop like the pic posted, it's a hole that looks like a bar or similar ran through it instead of looping a lever. Can I ask where I might find the seat cover replacement info that was posted?
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts