Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started using the leather seat heaters. A bit disappointed. Very slow to warm up and more initial heat in the lower back then the seat. I previously had a Civic Touring sedan. The seat heaters were faster and more even heat. Plus in the Civic, when you turned the car off, the seat heaters turned off. In the CR-V, if they are on when you turn the car off, they're on when you start the car.

Anyone else notice these things?

·
Registered
46 Posts
These do warm up slow and the heated steering wheel is also a bit slow to warm up, it was 29 this morning so I really needed these on.

·
Enforcer
1,856 Posts
Just started using the leather seat heaters. A bit disappointed. Very slow to warm up and more initial heat in the lower back then the seat. I previously had a Civic Touring sedan. The seat heaters were faster and more even heat. Plus in the Civic, when you turned the car off, the seat heaters turned off. In the CR-V, if they are on when you turn the car off, they're on when you start the car.

Granted I cant speak for the Hybrid, but I find the 1.5T CR-V bottom warmers heat up far more quickly than they did on my 10G Civic Prestige.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have never used my heated seats but I have used the heated steering wheel and that is very good

·
Registered
78 Posts
When it's cold outside we remote start our Touring.

The seats are warm when we get in...
Both of them? Isn't it just the drivers seat that automatically warms up with the remote start? Unless you're leaving them both on when you turn the car off?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Both of them? Isn't it just the drivers seat that automatically warms up with the remote start? Unless you're leaving them both on when you turn the car off?
I'm not 100% sure, but the Wife never complains about a cold seat when we do a remote start...

(I know this is ripe for jokes but it is a truthful statement of fact).

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
68 Posts

I did notice the heaters "remember" whether they were on or off. Not sure if I like this or not, it is not the behavior I expected.
But this could be an advantage, being able to have the heaters come on when you remote start the vehicle, not possible if they behaved like the Civic.
The heaters seem to warm up quickly for me. Perhaps this is because I have an EX with cloth seats? Leather seats might warm up more slowly?

·
Registered
100 Posts
When you use the fob remote start on a cold morning I thought that the seat heaters were suppose to come on so your seat is warm when you get in. I have found that this is not the case. Do I need to change a setting to make this work?

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
68 Posts
I wasn't aware it was supposed to be automatic. I just leave the heater on when I turn off the car if I think it might be cold in the morning.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I wasn't aware it was supposed to be automatic. I just leave the heater on when I turn off the car if I think it might be cold in the morning.
I tried that. First I remote start and the car runs the heater but the seat heaters stay off. After I get it and press the power button, then the seat heaters come on at the level I left them at the day before.

·
Registered
2015 CRV AWD EX-L, 2020 CRV AWD Hybrid Touring
45 Posts
I haven't studied this area of my Cr-V, but I can tell you GM got it right on my Suburban. That auto start observes the outdoor temp, and if its cold, turns on defroster at high heat, and seat heaters on high, AND the heated steering wheel. If it is hot, it turns on Max AC and the Ventilated Seats.

Was hoping the CR-V did the seats and AC too.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
68 Posts
I haven't studied this area of my Cr-V, but I can tell you GM got it right on my Suburban. That auto start observes the outdoor temp, and if its cold, turns on defroster at high heat, and seat heaters on high, AND the heated steering wheel. If it is hot, it turns on Max AC and the Ventilated Seats.

Was hoping the CR-V did the seats and AC too.
GM does get some things right. The dealer mechanic who evaluated my Envoy as a trade bought it. He knew a good one when he saw it (the air suspension had been replaced with Monroe coils).
"Remote Start" has a somewhat different meaning for hybrids, but is probably not safe in a closed garage, any more than a normal ICE vehicle would be. Perhaps I should invest in a garage heater?

·
Registered
2 Posts
The seat and steering wheel seem to heat up quickly enough for me - I can feel warmth withing a minute or two. I'm used to a non-heated steering wheel though so maybe I'm just easily impressed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts