Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a certified 2010 CR-V EXL from a Honda dealer. It only has 10K miles and is in beautiful condition. Soon after brining it home I noticed that sometimes when quickly moving forward or stopping I feel a slight pop or rock coming from somewhere in the seat. I can't exactly isolate its location, but may be coming from somewhere in the lower seat back. Occasionally when I push back on the seat I can also feel it. I took the car to the dealer and they said that the seat was functioning normally. This is making me crazy. I am fairly certain that I am not the only CR-V owner that is having this issue. Any ideas on what to do next would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Might be...

I recently purchased a certified 2010 CR-V EXL from a Honda dealer. It only has 10K miles and is in beautiful condition. Soon after brining it home I noticed that sometimes when quickly moving forward or stopping I feel a slight pop or rock coming from somewhere in the seat. I can't exactly isolate its location, but may be coming from somewhere in the lower seat back. Occasionally when I push back on the seat I can also feel it. I took the car to the dealer and they said that the seat was functioning normally. This is making me crazy. I am fairly certain that I am not the only CR-V owner that is having this issue. Any ideas on what to do next would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
In an '07 LX the head rest leans so far forward it may be very uncomfortable.

In the '10 EXL it is much better because it is mounted in a mechanism so it can be less forward for more comfort, yet with a rear ender, an inertial device will move it forward into the same safety position as earlier fixed units

Try pushing the headrest back and forth and see if it makes the noise you are hearing?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I recently purchased a certified 2010 CR-V EXL from a Honda dealer. Soon after brining it home I noticed that sometimes when quickly moving forward or stopping I feel a slight pop or rock coming from somewhere in the seat.. Any ideas on what to do next would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Change your driving habits! Seriously.

Sounds extreme, that you seem to stop or move quickly enough times to notice this.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I know what you mean about a slightly rocking seat getting annoying. The Gen2 often have this problem. When I first got mine, it really bothered me. There is a TSB about this but the $50 per seat retrofit bushing kit and associated hassle of pulling out the seats to do the repair kept me from doing it right away. Now I am getting used to it. What might force me to do it is that if there isn't someone in the passenger seat, the unweighted seat can sometimes rattle. That really drives me nuts. Right now, if I recline the seat and then put it back forward, the rattling will stop for a while so I am getting by.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody for the responses. I don't think that the problem is the active head restraint mechanism in the seat, but it is a good suggestion. Does anyone know if the dealer will handle the TSB for the retrofit bushing under warranty if they can not actually feel the problem? also, its there a reference number for the TSB?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks everybody for the responses. I don't think that the problem is the active head restraint mechanism in the seat, but it is a good suggestion. Does anyone know if the dealer will handle the TSB for the retrofit bushing under warranty if they can not actually feel the problem? also, its there a reference number for the TSB?
Honda wont cover it since it only apply s to 2002-2006 models.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problem resolved! I took car to my regular mechanic (not Honda) and he quickly identified the problem as a loose bolt on the right side of the seat mechanism somewhere near were the seat back and seat bottom meet. He fixed it for free. The seat feels solid again and does not rock or pop. I am amazed that the service people at the dealership could not even identify that there was a problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same driver's seat rocking with my 2011 CR-V I just purchased last week. It is really annoying me and feel like it can turn into a safety issue if the rocking gets worse. The dealership also told me that they can't fix it and it is normal wear and tear. I even mentioned this thread about how your 3rd party mechanic fixed it by tightening a bolt. They wouldn't do that because it compromised the safety integrity of the seat, which is a bunch of lazy BS to me. I'm so angry and frustrated!!:mad:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts