Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just over a week ago I bought a brand new 2019 CR-V EX. On the lot I noticed a small imperfection on the passenger seat but didn't mention it to the salesperson - I thought it was just dirt. After I took the car home I tried cleaning it off with a damp rag (just water) but it didn't come out. Upon closer inspection it looks like some sort of damage, or possibly a defect in the stitching of the fabric. I emailed my salesperson about this and they are going to see if it will be covered under warranty but I am kicking myself for not pointing it out before driving it off the lot. It's not a huge issue but it bothers me because this is a brand new car and the seats should be perfect. Any thoughts on how this would be repaired or corrected? Here are some photos: imgur.com/a/jhLqGWu?

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,554 Posts
From your closeup photos... looks like a small defect in the fabric, could be from something abrasive on someones clothing when they sat in the seat. There appear to be multi-tone cross stitching in the seat cover.

Honestly.... put a seat cover on and forget about it. You are going to see more of this as time goes on and the seat gets worn. Even on leather seats... I always put good quality sheep skin seat covers on my seats.... and years later, when it comes time to sell or trade in the vehicle.. I remove them and the seats are in brand new condition.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick update - reached out to the dealer to see if they could make it right. They had detailing examine and found it was actually a stain. They were able to clean about 90% of it off - it looks perfect in direct sunlight now and only a slight discoloration otherwise. I'm not going to push it any more, although I'm still kind of bummed I got a brand new car that had a stain on the seat.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,554 Posts
Quick update - reached out to the dealer to see if they could make it right. They had detailing examine and found it was actually a stain. They were able to clean about 90% of it off - it looks perfect in direct sunlight now and only a slight discoloration otherwise. I'm not going to push it any more, although I'm still kind of bummed I got a brand new car that had a stain on the seat.
Glad they were able to address it.

What to you want to bet it was actually an ink mark from the pen of the service staff that were preping the vehicle for delivery.... who got a little sloppy while marking through their checklist?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts