Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CRV EX
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched other threads and didn't find a good answer.

I often move my car and don't put on the seatbelt for a quick move. And beepers really annoy me.

I looked under the dash and heard it loud and clear but I could not find the actual beeper.

Has anyone found it and disabled it?

Thanks

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,167 Posts
I believe that it is part of the instrument console...as is the headlight chime.

For a 'quick move' can't you grit your teeth and ignore it?

Sorry that I can't help the way you REALLY want...:confused:

·
Registered
2006 CRV EX
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So by instrument console, do you mean up behind the speedometer, etc and hard to get to?

I don't like gritting my teeth. And no, I can't ignore it which is why I'm going to these lengths to disable it. It is super loud and annoying and I really don't like it.

Thanks

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,167 Posts
I mean, the beeper is integrated/soldered in, on the cluster's circuit boards. (Instrument circuit board)

If you want to pursue it, do some ADVANCED SEARCHes on replacing the instrument illumination bulbs.(Or maybe YouTube) That should indicate how the instruments come out, which IIRC is not all that difficult.

Then, you might be able to identify the source of the beeps with the back of the instruments exposed.
Good luck.

Post back if you are successful.

·
Registered
2006 CRV EX
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I mean, the beeper is integrated/soldered in, on the cluster's circuit boards. (Instrument circuit board)

If you want to pursue it, do some ADVANCED SEARCHes on replacing the instrument illumination bulbs.(Or maybe YouTube) That should indicate how the instruments come out, which IIRC is not all that difficult.

Then, you might be able to identify the source of the beeps with the back of the instruments exposed.
Good luck.

Post back if you are successful.
Thank you sounds like a plan!

·
Registered
2010 EX-L (AWD, non-Nav)
565 Posts
It can be done. But you need to figure out how the seat belt switch works, and fool the switch in to thinking the buckle is always inserted even when it isn't.

I know that can be done. And no, I have not done it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts