Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear differential fluid chanced at 19K. Again at 30K and burnishing done. 1000 miles later, and guess what? It's back. Dealer wanted to replace the whole thing. Honda says NO. Replace individual parts, one at a time, till problem resolved. I don't know what that means, and I don't really care. My dealer does not recommend it.

I called Honda. No help at all. Final straw was when the person, a guy, told me that I'm too critical. "Most people would not even hear the rear end noise."

I reported him. But what is that going to do. Nothing, I bet.

So I traded for a Subaru Outback.

So good bye to all the nice people on this forum. I could list names, but would probably forget some. There are so many. Hope you all have more luck than me.

I always liked my dealer. No problem in that area. Same family owns the Subaru dealership.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Gonna miss you buddy!

Greenzter, your cutting wit will be missed. You know just because you don't have a V anymore doesn't mean you can drop by and raise some hell!

Sorry to hear about your woes and better luck with the Outback. And yes I hope we all have better luck with the rear differentials than you did.

Well good luck to you and you new car, but you're always welcome to drop in and make fun our klanking rear ends, 15,000 mile fluid changes, and whistling air conditioners. Take Care!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear of the problems and headaches. So far the only noise I've gotten from the rear-end is the clunk of my junk around the spare bouncing around.

Good luck with the Outback.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Greenzter,

I too am sorry to hear about your problems. Seems we have several things in common, as I too have switched from a Honda CR-V to a Subaru. I still have the CR-V in the family (kid car now) but when it was time to get another vehicle I chose the Subaru Forester mostly because of the way Honda quality and customer interaction has degraded over the past few years. Seems like Honda is stuck in the past, living off of their customer loyalty and not high standards. My own Honda interactions were much like yours, I contacted Honda corporate to seek help but got a similar response to yours, I even sent a letter also complaining about the customer service rep. who I spoke with, overall a very poor experience, one that helped me to give Honda, up so to speak. I was a Honda person / family, still have the CR-V a 98, Odyssey (2000) and a Civic (96). Also had an Accord (91) as well. The older vehicles were two of the best I've ever owned. But the quality of the CR-V and the Odyssey coupled with the poor customer service from Honda leaves me with the impression that Honda has been going down hill. So as I need new vehicles I'll still consider Honda but no longer hold them in such high esteem. Best of luck. Russ

·
Registered
868 Posts
Real sorry to see you leave, Greenzter. But I don't blame you. Honda is not the only vehicle maker out there.

I've had two Subarus. Great vehicles. I'm sure you'll be happy.

Stick around and give us updates, ok?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts