Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My CRV doesn't have a rear middle seat over the shoulder seatbelt, I picked one up from the wreckers and it seems like it is cut into my back left corner. Does anyone have experience with retro fitting one in? are the mounting postions behind the ceiling fabric or is it not an option?

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
From looking at the Owners Manual for the US CR-V, the rear center seatbelt that goes across the lap and over the shoulder is a single piece, with a special "detachable anchor" on that end that is usually not removed when you unbuckle the belt. It allows you to detach the belt and fold it up and retract it into the rear roof area.
Page 105:

When you are folding the right half
of the rear seat, use the latch plate to
release the center seat belt from the
detachable anchor (see page 108).
Allow the seat belt to retract into the
holder on the ceiling and store the
buckles in it.
So not only is the belt different, the end that it connects to on the seat is different.
Here's a link to a PDF copy of the 2002 CR-V US Owners Manual:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From looking at the Owners Manual for the US CR-V, the rear center seatbelt that goes across the lap and over the shoulder is a single piece, with a special "detachable anchor" on that end that is usually not removed when you unbuckle the belt. It allows you to detach the belt and fold it up and retract it into the rear roof area.
Page 105:

So not only is the belt different, the end that it connects to on the seat is different.
Here's a link to a PDF copy of the 2002 CR-V US Owners Manual:

My CR-V is a Japanese import, I was already considering swapping the back seats to one that has the clip in it. How ever I'm just not sure about the mounting points on the ceiling I would like to hope they have them there and just didn't cut the opening for the retractable to mount. But I don't want to open the ceiling if they are not there

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
The only way to confirm the mounting point is to pull down the roof lining and look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts