Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, We have a 2014 cr-v ex with flush mount rails yet no crossbars as of yet. We want to pull it behind our motor home and hope to travel and boon-dock etc. extensively and want to carry a lockable rooftop cargo carrier, perhaps a bicycle as well, yet are worried about theft of cargo and possibly rails to boot. I see the "bright lines" crossbars n Amaz** etc. that I'm sure are fine without spending a fortune for gem etc., but I don't know how those could be secured short of heavy-duty thread lock (blue I believe...) but could see living to regret that if/when wanting to remove. I see Thule and Yakima and perhaps others have locks for theirs...but really hoping not to have to fork over $$$ for mere cross-rails. Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations to share? It would be Very Much appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought cross bars from eBay that are the OEM style. I was gifted a cargo carrier from the brand X-Cargo the model is Sport 20. It fits perfectly on top without having to remove the rear antenna or it interfering with the rear trunk open. This brand is a sister company of Thule. I have looked around and majority of the cargo carriers Thule/Yakima are roughly 14-16cu ft. But some are either small or big and have the issues I stated before. But this cargo carrier is 20cu ft and while it isn't short and long like Thule/Yakima it does the job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts