Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

I have a 2015 CRV EXL. Does anyone know how to turn off the Security Relock Timer? This feature has caused my wife to lock her keys in the car twice with in the last couple of months. If you are unfamiliar with this feature this is how it works. If the unlock button is pressed without a door being opened within 30, 60, or 90 seconds depending on your preference the doors will automatically lock. The problem that we are having is my wife will leave her keys in the car in the garage. I've left and accidentally hit the unlock button to her car instead of mine and then she tries to go to work and her doors are locked. I'm also not sure why the door will not open with her key fob close enough to unlock the door.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
13,983 Posts
It's all YOUR fault (as any wife will confirm, LOL).:eek: So, don't mention that obvious solution. :eek:

If you mistakenly press her car's unlock, couldn't you open & shut a door to prevent the re-lock?

(On older cars (like our V or Acura) there were no timer settings...)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.