Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
crv 2011 secuteity system is not beeping... The security flash is working and the horn beeps when I lock the car by remote control... The issue is that when I lock the car and try to open the door as athief, nothing happens.. The horn doesnt beep. Any help pls

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,654 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
3,102 Posts
Welcome to CRVOC. My suggestion since you're asking for advice (Not your owner) can you look up in the Owners manual of your V, read up on the Section about your Security system, it can be as easy as a Long press of the Lock button that can turn on/off the audio beeps, or today in the infotainment sys. thank you again for asking these awesome questions

FISH

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to CRVOC. My suggestion since you're asking for advice (Not your owner) can you look up in the Owners manual of your V, read up on the Section about your Security system, it can be as easy as a Long press of the Lock button that can turn on/off the audio beeps, or today in the infotainment sys. thank you again for asking these awesome questions

FISH
Would you please give me more details about the long press on the lock button to get the antitheft beep when the vehicle is in danger.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

FISH
My problem is that when someone tries to open the door, the alarmdoesnt beep..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
crv 2011 antitheft system is not beeping... The security flash is working and the horn beeps when I lock the car by remote control... But the issue is that when I lock the car and try to open the door as athief, nothing happens.. The horn doesnt beep. Any help pls

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would you help me please change my security system from valet to alarm for my 2011

·
Super Moderator
3,102 Posts
@Mohd the staff at CRVOC have seen three to 4 repeated topics, Please rephrain from creating duplicate topics, we thank you.

Staff member

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Super Moderator
3,102 Posts
Many here either bought new or used, since we have no real history and simply offer suggestions, here is another one. and my thoughts are out loud in typing.

1 check for a relay sees if anything is off that ties into the security and horn. can be a simple wire taken off, where to look will be one finding the schematics for the car, good luck.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Maybe I am not following the question accurately. I don't believe the alarm sounds when someone attempts to open a locked door, doesn't it sound when the door is actually opened?

·
Super Moderator
3,102 Posts
the switch is open not causing an alert.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Maybe I am not following the question accurately. I don't believe the alarm sounds when someone attempts to open a locked door, doesn't it sound when the door is actually opened?
No no Mr.
I mean when the door is locked, if someone tries to open it forcely while it is locked it doesnt beep.
the switch is open not causing an alert.
I know if it is open it doesnt cause alert.... But my problem is that when the doors are locked, if someone tries to open it by force it doesnt beep.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
3,933 Posts
No no Mr.
I mean when the door is locked, if someone tries to open it forcely while it is locked it doesnt beep.

I know if it is open it doesnt cause alert.... But my problem is that when the doors are locked, if someone tries to open it by force it doesnt beep.
With the caveat that actual implementation of any security features may vary by region....

I may be wrong, but I believe the native security system in gen5 CRVs is designed to prevent theft.. NOT alert for theft.

By this I mean that if someone forces open a door, it will trigger the immobilizers, not sound alarms. The car beeping will not cut it. Firing off the horn might, but I do not believe our CRVs do this straight from the factory.

With my CRV.. I elected to purchase the after market security system that my dealer installs on every vehicle on their lot (this is there theft prevention methodology, and the offer to keep it active when you purchase... for a large discount on the retail cost of the unit). This particular system DOES initiate a temper tantrum via the horn and lights in the vehicle. You can literally set it off by dropping a tennis ball onto the hood of the vehicle from about 3-4 feet above the hood.. and it will go full tilt horn fest, lights flashing, etc... for about 30 seconds. An accidental nudge with your body on any body panel will trigger a similar effect... so I doubt a thief would ever hang around long enough to actually force a door open (actual experience while moving around inside my garage :) ).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
With the caveat that actual implementation of any security features may vary by region....

I may be wrong, but I believe the native security system in gen5 CRVs is designed to prevent theft.. NOT alert for theft.

By this I mean that if someone forces open a door, it will trigger the immobilizers, not sound alarms. The car beeping will not cut it. Firing off the horn might, but I do not believe our CRVs do this straight from the factory.

With my CRV.. I elected to purchase the after market security system that my dealer installs on every vehicle on their lot (this is there theft prevention methodology, and the offer to keep it active when you purchase... for a large discount on the retail cost of the unit). This particular system DOES initiate a temper tantrum via the horn and lights in the vehicle. You can literally set it off by dropping a tennis ball onto the hood of the vehicle from about 3-4 feet above the hood.. and it will go full tilt horn fest, lights flashing, etc... for about 30 seconds. An accidental nudge with your body on any body panel will trigger a similar effect... so I doubt a thief would ever hang around long enough to actually force a door open (actual experience while moving around inside my garage :) ).
This is the point Mr.
My priblem is that if you drop a tennis ball on it or if you hit the car acidentally, my crv horn and lights do nothing.

·
Super Moderator
3,102 Posts
@Mohd Do you think the Security system you have is Just the Keyfob and immobilizer, I think so?

Page 258 talks about the radio security sys. Page 264 talks about, also on page 65. for the 3rd generation crv ( @williamsji ) the Security system you have, does not have a Motion sensor you can bang it all you want unless specified in the manual, it does not, It is your Basic lock/unlock horn system.

I understand when you activate the car, and walk away, opening any door, should trigger the alarm, if it is not correctly activated by the manual page 264, reset it. if I just said reset it, one thing you can try. make sure you got the radio code security code, pull the car battery wait a few seconds, tap to the ground a few times that can trigger the alarm.
Old school trick when dead batteries and won't start (@williamsji to do that tap the ground)(resets the alarm as well allows a battery boost) if all of this info we have given you still does not make it work, then the Alarm you got or think you have is not that type of an alarm, to 100% make certain maybe one who owns the same cars can chime in and CORRECT me that will help you out big time

I have an aftermarket alarm. when it's active, no matter what you want to do, the alarm is OFF. immobilizer will not shut off the car at all as it is an electronic chip in the car saying to the electronics you are good to go

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
3,933 Posts
This is the point Mr.
My priblem is that if you drop a tennis ball on it or if you hit the car acidentally, my crv horn and lights do nothing.
And as I stated.... I believe for the factory installed security system.. this is normal. It is meant to defeat an attempt to break in and drive away... NOT alert the neighborhood in the process.. or.. scare away thieves (which is what I think you are seeking).

You would need to install an aftermarket unit to get what you desire here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts