Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just bought a CRV and it had one flaw, a broken piece of the grille.I want to get it replaced for my own sanity, but I cannot seem to find any videos or instructions anywhere how to replace this piece of the grille. I did find a site I can buy the part I need from (I think). I just don't know how to install it. Here's a stock image for example of which piece and where it broke. (I can understand why it did, it isn't very flush there and is easy to catch a sponge etc.)

crv grille.png

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The part I found is "Molding B, L Front Grille - Honda (71173-TLA-A00)" on Hondapartsonline

My CRV is a 2018

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Its a little more complicated to remove that.
The mounting clips are directly in the headlight. If you crack the clips and or screws you’ll compromise the headlight and get water in

Headlight to screw to clip to trim ( in that order
Ill look for pics later

I pulled all of this when i swapped the headlights.

You should just go to the dealer say it wasnt flush and snapped to get a warranty claim.

Go search used ebay headlights n you will see the majority of those clips are immediately snapped or broke in an impact they are so fragile

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, wow. That is incredibly helpful. Headlights are super expensive so I'm not even going to risk that whether I pay for labor or not.

In terms of warranty coverage, do I have to go back to the dealer I bought it from? Because that was a Toyota dealership. Or can I go to a Honda dealership and it applies? I'm new to owning a new car, so this is totally unfamiliar to me, pardon my ignorance.

Thank you so much for your help!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Oh, wow. That is incredibly helpful. Headlights are super expensive so I'm not even going to risk that whether I pay for labor or not.

In terms of warranty coverage, do I have to go back to the dealer I bought it from? Because that was a Toyota dealership. Or can I go to a Honda dealership and it applies? I'm new to owning a new car, so this is totally unfamiliar to me, pardon my ignorance.

Thank you so much for your help!
If its covered under 3yr /36,000 honda warranty you should be good

There was a post on here with people showing them protruding a bit and not fully flush so if thats the problem maybe they can adjust it

If it was snapped off at a car wash you might have to pay.

But go to any honda dealer to talk to a service advisor

Btw
If they dont fix and only a small piece is missing you COULD go on ebay and buy one of those 3m overlays to rig it up a big but that would be worst case scenario.

That would need like 60% or more of the piece to contact though

Hard to say without pics

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If its covered under 3yr /36,000 honda warranty you should be good

There was a post on here with people showing them protruding a bit and not fully flush so if thats the problem maybe they can adjust it

If it was snapped off at a car wash you might have to pay.

But go to any honda dealer to talk to a service advisor

Btw
If they dont fix and only a small piece is missing you COULD go on ebay and buy one of those 3m overlays to rig it up a big but that would be worst case scenario.

That would need like 60% or more of the piece to contact though

Hard to say without pics

I will take a picture and post when I get home. I really appreciate the advice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts