Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am selling my black 2017 AWD EXL. I only did about 13k miles on, but struggled with the oil dilution. Unfortunaley I was overseas and had to pay about $5k to ship the car back to be fixed. It was completely undriveable.

KBB is telling my $20k to sell. Is that reasonable? Doesn't seem so. I am looking for at least $23k... It's in good condition. What do you all recommend?

·
Registered
130 Posts
you mentioning oil dilution history to the buyer ?

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
Hi, I am selling my black 2017 AWD EXL. I only did about 13k miles on, but struggled with the oil dilution. Unfortunaley I was overseas and had to pay about $5k to ship the car back to be fixed. It was completely undriveable.

KBB is telling my $20k to sell. Is that reasonable? Doesn't seem so. I am looking for at least $23k... It's in good condition. What do you all recommend?
you’re not getting 23k
Dealers here have them for 22k with low miles which means they paid out about 19/20k

your sweet spot would have been pre 2020 delivery or pandemic. Now market is saturated.

you can get a good ballpark by going to a carmax as well to see how down the range is.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
So let me see if I get this right: You're selling a 13K mi. over sees CRV that i was completely Undrivable for 23K.

13K mi 3 year no warranty I wish you the best on the sales I think I'll P A S S !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you’re not getting 23k
Dealers here have them for 22k with low miles which means they paid out about 19/20k

your sweet spot would have been pre 2020 delivery or pandemic. Now market is saturated.

you can get a good ballpark by going to a carmax as well to see how down the range is.
Do you reckon I should try and sell directly to a buyer?

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,070 Posts
People pointing out the pandemic have a point. No dealer wants to take a car in part exchange. They absorb cash they don’t have.
I’m exhibit 1. I was test driving at the start of March. fully planning on pulling the trigger. Now with my kid home we’ve got no need for an additional vehicle unless he goes to college in August fir his senior year. So my money is in my pocket. I’m filling up with gas once a month now. There is absolutely no incentive to increase costs by buying an additional vehicle.

Reactions: williamsji

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
Do you reckon I should try and sell directly to a buyer?
you could try but private sales will be slim based off quarantine and lots of new car incentives for a little more than you are expecting to get.
(Plus deal with test drivers possible carrying a life threatening contagious illness lol)

i literally was at a dealer today 2 times
My fathers 2013 civic eps computer went so i spoke to some contacts to get him an hrv.

they had used 2017 hrvs for 21k sticker & u can pull down a 2019/20 brand new for 20/21k under/msrp
And hes buying cash.

it was a ghost town, when i got my crv there were people all over... those days are way off

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
As life goes on: put it up. even like said try Carvana they do't take older cars . to each their own.

·
Registered
178 Posts

Did you already purchase another vehicle? Why not just trade it in to the dealer when getting the new one. You'll make less $ on it but certainly less hassle.

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,200 Posts
Did you already purchase another vehicle? Why not just trade it in to the dealer when getting the new one. You'll make less $ on it but certainly less hassle.
And depending on the state the OP is in (applies to US, obviously), they may save a bunch of sales tax as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts