Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody!
Please give me advice.
My 1 year old 2018 Honda CRV has 43,000 miles. I know, a lot ;)
Air and Engine Filters has been already changed.
Now, Dealership advises to do following services (cost over $800):
  • 4 wheel Alignment
  • Fuel Injection and throttle body service
  • Rear Differential service
  • Brake Fluid exchange
  • Transmission Fluid exchange
  • Please, tell me, what is it really necessary?
  • Kind regards, Svetlana

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,069 Posts
Alignment unnecessary if tires wearing evenly.
Follow the maintenance minder for transmission and rear Diff fluid replacement. You can see what is needed at your next service and limit it to those items. I would expect the transmission fluid to come up for say mid 50k or more. Honda engineers know your car. Dealers know profit.
Fuel injection/Throttle Body service. Hell no.

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
Based on the amount on miles you put a year, that all looks good.
If after 40+ k you've only done just the air filer and engine filters you're skirting long term issues.

You should need an alignment & be on your 2/3rd rotation
Rear Diff should have been flushed at 15k
Brake Fluid should be 3yrs or 36k so you're due IMO but brake fluid is very sensitive for the older posters
Transmission Fluid i'd get done if you plan on keeping it and loading in the miles like you're currently doing

Most people hate high maint costs when they are low miles and its recommended on lifespan but the same can go for the high mile commuters in short time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alignment unnecessary if tires wearing evenly.
Follow the maintenance minder for transmission and rear Diff fluid replacement. You can see what is needed at your next service and limit it to those items. I would expect the transmission fluid to come up for say mid 50k or more. Honda engineers know your car. Dealers know profit.
Fuel injection/Throttle Body service. Hell no.
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Based on the amount on miles you put a year, that all looks good.
If after 40+ k you've only done just the air filer and engine filters you're skirting long term issues.

You should need an alignment & be on your 2/3rd rotation
Rear Diff should have been flushed at 15k
Brake Fluid should be 3yrs or 36k so you're due IMO but brake fluid is very sensitive for the older posters
Transmission Fluid i'd get done if you plan on keeping it and loading in the miles like you're currently doing

Most people hate high maint costs when they are low miles and its recommended on lifespan but the same can go for the high mile commuters in short time.
I Appreciate your help thank you so much!

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,154 Posts
My understanding of the Brake Fluid interval is "Every three years regardless of mileage". There is no mileage recommendation stated by Honda. If you need brake pads, though, I'd get the brake fluid flushed at that time.

Read your owners manual so that you are capable of displaying which services are coming due at the next oil change. If you used quick-change shops for oil changes, they may have been resetting the MM and caused you to skip some services.

As rocky said:
Rear Differential Fluid: the MM triggers this service at ~15K miles and then ~ 30K miles after that.

Alignment: For that, monitor the tire wear (especially on the INSIDE of the tread). If you detect any 'feathering' or 'cupping', plan to have the alignment done when you buy new tires.

And yeah, the Fuel Injection and throttle body service is un-needed as long as you have been using the recommended Top Tier gasoline whenever you can, and the engine runs OK.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is nice to know, thank you!
Tell you the true, my family
used to have two Honda CRV,
1999 and 2000.
We had each of them for 11 years, I just love Honda CRV.
It was simple Maintenance schedule. 30K; 60K and so on.
That why I confused with those items for service.
And you know, I never knew about that kind of gasoline.
From now, I going to use it.
Thanks again. ?

·
Not-a-Mechanic
2011 CR-V 4WD EX
529 Posts
Other than the brake fluid change (3 years), none of that stuff needs done unless there are other issues. Keep up with the maintenance minder, drive more, worry less.Loads of threads here where service department wants to up sell product.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts