Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just yesterday I received the service bulletin (Product Update 2015-16CR-VDTC P1890) about the potential problem with slippage of the CVT at highway speeds. I learned, after reading this thread, http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/98-2012-present-official-specs-features-etc-gen-4/117370-important-new-tsb-cvts-4.html that he bulletin came out on August 3rd--two months ago.

So for two months I've been driving around with a potential transmission problem Honda knew about, but I didn't.

I'm kinda bugged about this. I may have damage that could have been prevented, had I known of the problem earlier. Why would Honda wait so long to notify a customer about a transmission problem? Transmissions are a big-buck item!

I'm going in today for the software update. My car has about 2000 miles on it.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Good question about the time spread to receive this "important and get fixed right now" letter from Honda. In this day of available communication the time lapse is not acceptable.

I too have an appointment this morning to have the software update and check to determine if the tranny is to be replaced also. To date my '15 has performed as designed and a real pleasure to drive. I hope they don't screw that up!

...later, Jimbob

·
Registered
130 Posts
i just got my letter in the mail yesterday too. i'm just going to swing by and hope they can squeeze me in because i work all week long and don't get off until service is closed.

·
Super Moderator
3,191 Posts
Surprised your two month old unit is affected. Mine was built before yours and isn't involved.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have been driving around with this for almost 2 years with this issue. It affected the 2015's also. It took 2 different visits for my car to be updated which was done last week.

I am way past 2000 miles (almost 20K).

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Reporting back...dealer did the CVT software update this morning. The shop was busy but the wait was about an hour. I live about 55 miles away so it was a good test drive back home. All is well and performance is normal, as it was before. Tranny did not throw any codes so no replacement was necessary. My CR -V, now at 20,037 miles, is a pleasure to drive just like day one.

Note to previous poster: Honda's CVTs are not failing. The grand majority's perform as designed.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
^ but but its not a 2026 crv ** note red color
You are asking about a 2026 CRV model that does not exist for years to come??? If the year is a typo and you really meant 2016, then yes the 2016 is virtually unchanged from the 2015.

A "twin turbo charge model" does not exist in the Honda brand to my knowledge. Honda's history has always been to manufacture vehicles that are fun to drive and provide durability while also being cost effective. They do have a turbo engine in the 'works' for the general motoring public for those who think that extreme acceleration with speed is worthwhile even though that design will require premium fuels and added expense.

In regards to Honda CVT transmissions they are indeed a proven design that is reliable and effective. CVTs have been around for a long long time and are now more refined than ever before. They provide the engine with efficiency, dependability, and adapt quickly to all driving conditions.

Good Luck in your quest.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Original poster here...just realized my typo in the title! LOL!
My car had not displayed the fault code, so all is well, I trust, after the software update. Hopefully it will still be running well in 2026! :)

--Roy

·
Registered
511 Posts
Sigh...just got a recall notice...the grav plates on my '26V are known to fail causing the V to drop to the ground causing possible injuries...sigh...not again...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just got my car registration in the mail. Now I'm forced to go to the dealer and have the software upgrade. Then I have to include proof of it being done in order to pay Gov. Brown his $285. Car has 41K miles on it and been running flawlessly. What a waste of time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts