Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I keep getting emails from the dealership where I bought my 2018 CR-V telling me it's time for servicing but my dashboard service indicator hasn't come on and I have 30% left on my oils life. This is my first car with a service light built in so I'm not sure which one to pay attention to.

Thank you,
Scott

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,475 Posts
Do they show in your app
Your car doesn’t have wifi so you’d need to connect honda link or tether wifi from phone to crv

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Hello, I keep getting emails from the dealership where I bought my 2018 CR-V telling me it's time for servicing but my dashboard service indicator hasn't come on and I have 30% left on my oils life. This is my first car with a service light built in so I'm not sure which one to pay attention to.
That email from the dealership is a marketing email and nothing more. They have no idea how many miles you've driven, nor do they know if you've already changed your oil. I still get emails from dealers I used a few years ago.

·
Registered
865 Posts
That email from the dealership is a marketing email and nothing more. They have no idea how many miles you've driven, nor do they know if you've already changed your oil. I still get emails from dealers I used a few years ago.
Yea ignore it. They base it on estimated mileage or if you've reached their 'time' criteria. You are doing the right thing by going with the car maintenance minder.

The next thing to get used to is to also ignore the dealer recommended maintenance when you do bring it in. Tell them you want what the maintenance minder says, or do 1 better and look up the codes yourself and just order it directly!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Hello, I keep getting emails from the dealership where I bought my 2018 CR-V...
Is there an Unsubscribe link in the email?
If there is, click it and unsubscribe from everything.
If there is not, call your dealer's Service Department and complain about the emails, and insist that they stop contacting you, and that any future emails will be reported as SPAM.

If they continue to email you forward the emails to [email protected].

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there an Unsubscribe link in the email?
If there is, click it and unsubscribe from everything.
If there is not, call your dealer's Service Department and complain about the emails, and insist that they stop contacting you, and that any future emails will be reported as SPAM.

If they continue to email you forward the emails to [email protected].
Thanks but I don't mind a business trying to maintain a relationship with it's customers, I just wanted to know which schedule to follow.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea ignore it. They base it on estimated mileage or if you've reached their 'time' criteria. You are doing the right thing by going with the car maintenance minder.

The next thing to get used to is to also ignore the dealer recommended maintenance when you do bring it in. Tell them you want what the maintenance minder says, or do 1 better and look up the codes yourself and just order it directly!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
That's what I thought, thanks for the advise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts