Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for owners of this Gen of CRV to give a quick honest review. Mainly to help the confusion of the million threads.

For me, 3k miles on my 2018, wish the EX came with homelink and an HD radio. Those are the only two I think belong in this price point that are excluded. Turbo lag is noticeable (no more than other turbos I've driven in this price point) but the acceleration I get once it kicks in makes up for it.

Everything else is great. I have no heater issues in the cold (actually warms up faster than almost any other car I've owned) and I did not have the oil dilution.

This is my first Honda.

How about other owners? Would be nice to see all other forum members' opinions (even if you've never posted before).

·
Registered
653 Posts
2017 EX FWD -- it's comfortable and performs well and the safety features and excellent gas mileage are a big plus. I think the ACC is my favorite feature. Luckily, I've had no major problems reported such as heating or oil dilution. Bear in mind that I'm probably less discriminating than other owners since my last new vehicle was a 2007 CRV LX without a lot of features.

My only complaint is the abysmal sound system in the EX. It's actually worse than the stock system in my base model 2007 CRV. Good thing I'm not an audiophile and am content driving in a quiet cabin with the system turned off.

ADVICE to potential buyers: spring for the HondaCare extended warranty. The electronic parts are quite pricy -- the camera unit on the windshield is about $1900 -- plus installation. If you have access to different Honda dealers in your area, buy from one with a good service department. It will impact your attitude toward your vehicle going forward.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
4,389 Posts
not a 18 owner lol. IfI were to do a review, there isa lot I can say and my final words are it gets from Point A to B and back, anything else is just complaining Lol

·
Registered
183 Posts
2018 EX FWD- 6600 miles- for $24798, it represents an exceptional value in this category. As long as you rate it for what it is, you likely won't be disappointed however, there's plenty of room for improvement.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2018 Touring 2000 km (1200 miles), bought 6 weeks ago. I come from Canada. So far I love this SUV. Great quality, interior is amazing, great look.

But I’m stress with the oil dilution and heating problem but we are still in summer so no problem until now. I will see in 5 months when the winter come back.

But I’m still thinking that CR-V is the best SUV. The Mazda CX-5 is great too, but the interior is like my Mazda 3 2004 and 2008. No majors changes.

·
Registered
631 Posts
2018 CRV LX AWD...6700 Kilometers....Awesome in the snow even with all seasons on it...fun to drive and lots of room and the safety features is what drawn us to this SUV,also just the right height makes it easier to get in and out of for us old folks..the Canadian model LX comes more equipped than the USA one,,,not sure why?great SUV that makes driving fun again....if your buying and live where ya get winter snow and cold,try getting them to throw in a block heater as it may help ya in winter(very pricey to do afterwords and try and get a deal on extended warranty.).....And be sure of your dealer,check ...check and do some more checking as they can make owning one a pleasure or miserable

·
Registered
52 Posts
We are coming from owning a Ford edge awd to a 2017 crv ex awd. Really no complaints about the Ford edge. I really like the Honda lane keep assist and adaptive cruise control. I really miss the back up sensors though. Why would they not even be an option from the factory? Traction was good last winter. We get a lot of snow and the crv performed well. If buying new in the U.S., then the extended warranty is so cheap it seems too good to be true. The fuel gauge is very hard to see the line. I know they fixed that on the 2018 models. Turbo lag is bad. But once it kicks in then it is quick enough. Wish it had a CD player. Would I buy it again? No. Unfortunately we have had to get the oil change trwice in 4xxx miles do to very high levels. I feel Honda is ignoring us and I am doubting they will come out with a fix. However if it did not have the oil issue, then I would be very happy with the CRV.

·
Registered
'18 CR-V Ex-L AWD & '13 CR-V Ex-L AWD
1,631 Posts
Very happy with my CR-V. It's a pleasure to drive every time. Comfort and safety features are great. Gas mileage and performance meets expectations. Well designed and engineered as I expect from Honda.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
18 months of ownership and about 20,000 miles of driving on our 2017 Touring.
Zero issue with fuel in oil. Heater works great in winter and I have been through two of them with temps down to zero. If I were betting I think you would find most owners have the same experience as I.
Turbo lag? Well, there is a "lag" but not all of it is turbo. And the so-called "Lag" has lots to do with how you drive the car. I can pull out from a stop light and by the time I am crossing the intersection she is nearly burning rubber. (Of course it won't but it sure feels like it...) If you learn how to use the throttle you will find there is little in the way of "lag". Too many just tromp down on the gas and expect the performance of a seven liter engine hot rod or something. Learn to step into it with a steady downward motion, don't just kick it to the floor. You might be surprised at how it will run if you learn how to make it work.

Its a great car, love it more now than when I got it. No car is perfect but this one is damn good for what it cost.

·
Registered
866 Posts
18 months of ownership and about 20,000 miles of driving on our 2017 Touring.
Zero issue with fuel in oil. Heater works great in winter and I have been through two of them with temps down to zero. If I were betting I think you would find most owners have the same experience as I.
Turbo lag? Well, there is a "lag" but not all of it is turbo. And the so-called "Lag" has lots to do with how you drive the car. I can pull out from a stop light and by the time I am crossing the intersection she is nearly burning rubber. (Of course it won't but it sure feels like it...) If you learn how to use the throttle you will find there is little in the way of "lag". Too many just tromp down on the gas and expect the performance of a seven liter engine hot rod or something. Learn to step into it with a steady downward motion, don't just kick it to the floor. You might be surprised at how it will run if you learn how to make it work.

Its a great car, love it more now than when I got it. No car is perfect but this one is damn good for what it cost.
This review basically nails my experience.

I'll add that I was disappointed in stock speakers, horn and fog lights, but fixed all three.

Also, the car has a sport mode for those that wish to try out different driving characteristics. Much more responsive throttle at the expense of mpg.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
2018 AWD EX here. Long time Honda owner and this is my 3rd CRV. Overall I feel it may be the best vehicle I've ever owned.

Love the new look, new features, power and everything else. I have zero issues with heater, it's actually better than my previous 2 CRV's and better than our Odyssey. No oil in gas issues or anything else thankfully.

IN a nutshell - it's fun to drive, almost sporty feeling, very capable in bad weather, and just an incredible value overall.

My biggest dilemma now is that we are driving to Florida in two weeks from PA. We always take the Ody due to it's size and cargo capacity, but MAN I wish it had Carplay, lol.

·
Registered
230 Posts
2018 Touring AWD:

- Interior space, which I think (correct me if I'm wrong), is the largest in its class. Far bigger than the earlier CR-V's, but I believe this is common among all cars in this class, that is, that automakers are making what used to be "compact" SUV's bigger so they can shove another even smaller SUV below it and expand their product offerings.
- Style. I like the look (front, back, side, interior). Relatively clean lines and no strange/unnecessary/ugly bulges, which I think totally ruins most Nissan vehicles these days (front fenders of the Rogue....so ridiculous).
- Suspension. Not too soft/hard, decent for an SUV.
- Remote Start. I use this feature all the time.
- Plastic/unpainted rocker panels and lower half of bumpers. For an SUV I think this is a great feature.
- Honda. Yes I am a die hard Honda fan, which has its pros/cons.

Dislikes:

- Cheap/thin/low grade floor mats and carpeting. I think Honda really tried to save some money here.
- THIN sheet metal. I keep thinking I'm going to dent the panels when I was the car.
- Cheap/flimsy feeling gear shift.
- Not enough lumbar support in the driver seat.
- The Touring model comes w/ "ambient" lighting in the front foot wells and the door handle cups in the front doors. The foot well lights are way too dim to be of any real use, and they should have included lights for the door handle cups in the rear doors as well as the rear seat foot wells. This ambient light feature seems half done.
- Remote windows should be able to CLOSE as well as open the windows.
- Touch screen is insanely slow for this day and age in technology.

European cars are too expensive to buy and maintain, as beautiful as they are with superior fit/finish/materials. American cars are, well, just plain ugly to me, not to mention poor ergonomics and choice of interior materials. Toyota certainly has an honorable truck heritage and if I were looking into an actual truck, I'd probably go Toyota.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
The Honda CR-V once again did very well even when taken out of it's element. Proving itself once again!
This Video was just released yesterday.

Rob

1 - 14 of 14 Posts