Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 CRV LX that I've owned for a year now. There are currently just over 95k miles on the car.

Recently I've noticed that when I'm accelerating between 25-35mph, the car shakes. It goes away as soon as I'm over 35mph, and there are no other issues that I know of with the car. The best way to describe the shaking, is that it feels/sounds like when you drive over those rumble strips on the side of the highway (maybe not AS strong, but you get the idea).

Anyone else had this problem and have a solution? I don't know much about cars at all, and would like to have an idea of what I'm talking about and what the issue may be before I take it to a shop to have them look at it.

Thanks! :eek:

·
Super Moderator
3,206 Posts
Lets start with cheap approaches. When was the last time the ATF was changed? What color is it? How does it smell?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't changed it since I've owned it, and don't have any prior records that would tell me if it had been done. Wouldn't even know where to begin in terms of checking it for color & smell.

I did contact a friend of mine who manages an auto shop and explained the issue and suggested changing the transmission fluid... he says it doesn't seem like a fluid issue, and to just bring it in to let them have a look. Taking it in first thing Saturday morning, so we'll see.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What about an alignment check? Does the rumble occur between 25 and 35 mph regardless of the throttle? If it happens whether you're coasting down a hill or accelerating briskly then it might be alignment or wheel balance related. Having significant toe in or out would cause vibrations (and wear your tires), but not sure why it would suddenly go away over 35 mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts