Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone knows how to remove it? Im planning of putting a glossy black film on the roof, Im checking youtube but its only the civic had a video how to remove it.?

·
Registered
2018 CR-V Touring
135 Posts
I'm going down the same path - here's what I'm going to be using for reference from a gen IV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFyCJx5wcNY

Maybe someone who's done it or has access to service express can chime in. Do you have rails - are you going to remove them? let us know how it goes. I've got a few other project ahead of me before I get the nerves to pull down the head liner.

Worst case get a day's worth of service express and grab all the info you need for the head liner.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The idea originally came from the new rav 4 hybrid, with black glossy roof, it really depends on your preferences, i like how it looks like thats why im planing to do it, but i wanna know how to get the sharkfin antenna off first

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,906 Posts
Anyway, it's held on by screws that you get to by removing the headliner.
Given this....messing with the factory install sounds like asking for leaks later on... but that's just the "what can go wrong, will" in me. :)

As to putting a black finish on the roof of your car..... you could not get a better heat absorber, and consequent additional heat inside your vehicle. Why would this be a concern really? Heat buildup inside vehicles has been suspected in blow out of glass sunroofs and tailgate glass. I'm not sure that Hondas suffer from blowout (CR has reported on the problem but indicates it is not that common).... but changing anything from factory spec is introducing possible unintended consequences, and worse.. giving the dealerships excuses to not cover a glass blowout under warranty.

Anyway.... to the original poster... good luck and I hope it works without incident.

·
Registered
415 Posts
curious, what kind of material will you be putting on the roof? could it be those chip protection films but black?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its a vinyl wrap, some of the use a carbon fibre wrap

Heres the tutorial , a complete install video:

https://youtu.be/O5B-8yE_Xz0

·
Registered
26 Posts
Does anyone knows how to remove it? Im planning of putting a glossy black film on the roof, Im checking youtube but its only the civic had a video how to remove it.�
Take it to a car wash. They'll do it for you, no extra charge.:Darn:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts