Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my CRV has problems shifting from P to D and D to R (or R to D) and D to P. It's not a fuse. I have been told the issue would cost about $700. They believe it is a select lever bracket set issue, PN 54200-S9A-A83. They aren't completely sure this is the issue and would need to remove the dash to investigate. I also have to replace the cabin control unit (PN 38200-S9A-A11) as my power locks, brake light, seat belt indicator light, and dome light don't function correctly. Is it possible all issues are related to the faulty control unit? I know Honda had a recall a number of years ago about corrosion on the inner workings of the shift lever (my car was fixed) - is this again the problem? Has Honda had repeated issues of this nature? Any other suggestions on what is causing the shifting problems? Thanks to all who can supply some insight.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,623 Posts
Please further define your issues:

EG, Does the left not physically move from P to D... or does the trans not engage D when the selector on the dash and lever say it should be in that gear?

Also what is amiss with your power locks, brake light, seat belt indicator light, and dome light?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts